The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Traininng.com LLC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
This webinar helps you understand whether you will be subject to the new EEO-1 reporting rules and if so what you will need to do to be in compliance. In addition to learning what pay equity is, you will learn about the different pay equity laws that impact employers, the different factors you should consider in determining whether you are meeting your legal obligations, and we will talk about what you can do to stay ahead of the curve.
Why you should Attend
Pay Equity is one of the new employment law's "hot buttons". Staying ahead of the laws and the EEOC's enforcement efforts will enable you to fly under the radar, avoid employee lawsuits, and attract and retain good talent so your company remains competitive in today's market.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Understanding Title VII, Sex Discrimination & pay equity;
- Gain some historical perspective on efforts to attain pay equity (The Equal Pay Act, Lilly Ledbetter Act, and the Paycheck Fairness Act ;)
- Gain an understanding of the Pay Gap (what it is and its impact);
- Learn about EEOC and OFCCP and their position on and role in fighting pay discrimination and attaining Pay Equity;
- Understand new EEO-1 Reporting Requirements and their implications for employers.
- What is Pay Equity and What is Pay Discrimination;
- Some History:
- Lilly Ledbetter, Equal Pay Act
- Paycheck Fairness Act;
- Lilly Ledbetter Act
- Current statistics
- Pay Discrimination as a Form of Sex Discrimination
- Title VII;
- EEOC and OFCCP Position
- New EEO-1 Requirements
- Job Steering
- Brief Overview of current requirements for federal contractors;
- What to Expect After the New Reporting Requirements Take Effect
- Some Best Practices
Who Will Benefit
- Senior Managers
- Business Owners
- Hiring Managers
- All HR Professionals
Janette S Levey founder of The EmpLAWyerologist Firm, is an employment/HR attorney with over 20 years legal experience. Ms. Frisch is a legal wellness professional for employment practices and workforce challenges. She works with employers to craft solid employment practices wellness plans tailored to address a company’s needs and concerns. Ms. Frisch offers consultations and legal services on virtually all federal and NJ and NY state employment law issues.