The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Directors and Managers today are continually challenged in managing their union workforce. It remains extremely important for
them to have and utilize their available tools and learn new tools, in order to effectively manage their employees.
The information presented in this webinar will save time and money for your organization as Managers will perform more effectively, as they embrace positive employee and labor-management relationships.
Why should you Attend
- You will be able to administer the appropriate use of Discipline in the Workplace
- You will be able to understand and effectively document the Unsatisfactory performer
- You will be able to communicate in an effective manner with Union Representatives
- Successfully handle Grievances
- Build or maintain existing positive working union relationships with Employees and Union officials
Areas Covered in the Session
- Grievance Understanding
- Learn To Discipline
- Understand The Just Cause Standard
- Understand Progressive Discipline
- Effectively Communicate With The Union
- Document the Unsatisfactory Performer
Who Will Benefit
- Human Resources
- Labor Relations Personnel
- Potential Supervisors
- Anyone with a an oversight responsibility of Union Represented Employees
Gerry McLaughlin Ms. IR, is the author of "Negotiating The Labor Agreement" His experience covers over 30 years of successfully negotiating over 500+ labor contracts in varied industries
as Executive Director and Vice President for Fortune 100 Companies, and in areas, such as, but not limited to, Manufacturing, Distribution, Telecom, Retail, Healthcare & Senior Care,Food services, Housekeeping & Facilities.
He has negotiated with over 20 National and Local Unions, trained 1000's of Managers in "Managing a Union Workplace", "Negotiating A Labor Agreement" Collective Bargaining as well as training Managers in the workshop "your Employees Are organizing A Union",
Union Avoidance and Employee Relations issues.
He knows and fully understands:
How to build and maintain successful relationships with Union Leaders locally and nationally.
Maintain and/or Develop existing Managements Rights to ensure the unfettered Right "to run your business" Ensuring successful Workplace policies.
Develops and/or protects consistent Contract language, He consistently ensures that clients expectations are met, most often exceeded.