This I-9 form preparation, correction and audit webinar will discuss all the new guidelines for completing the new I-9 form as well as the ongoing regulations for appropriate method of correcting this document without incurring fines and penalties.
Why should you Attend
ICE is counting on Employer errors to increase their budget! Are you prepared????
Anyone can make a claim or complaint and it doesn't even have to be true. Additionally, now the regulatory agencies are communicating more than ever before. The Department of Labor (DOL) communicates with the Internal Revenue Services (IRS), the DHS communicates with Child Support Services and on and on, it isn't hard to imagine news getting out to target Employers however, research has proven that most complaints come from disgruntled employees and others come from audits of target industries.
Attend this webinar to understand how to fill I-9 form, how to correct it and audit it. what are the new developments in rule and how is agencies thinking to penalize employers, what are the best practices to follow to save your company from unnecessary violations?
Areas Covered in the Session
- Learn what types of errors have the highest fines
- Ensure you have the most current I9 forms that is required
- What has changed in the most recent focus with the new political administration?
- How is the right way to correct I9 documents and save your company from unnecessary violations?
- What is the minimal risk Employers have when establishing an I9 document Correction & Storage Process?
- How should I9 documents be effectively corrected?
- How long should I9 documents be retained for active and terminated employees?
- Why are most Employers unclear about completing the new I9 form?
- Why are most HR professionals or those responsible for processing I9 documents still violating the request for documents section?
- What can you do if you have remote employees when it comes to I9 forms?
- What new immigration guidelines do Employers need to be aware of with the new administration?
- What is the Council for Global Immigration and what employees are protected?
Who Will Benefit
- Business Owners, Company Leadership and Board of Directors (CFO, COO, CEO)
- Federal Contractors
- Department Heads
- Human Resources Professionals
- Compliance Professionals
- Payroll Professionals
- Managers/Supervisors & new and Potential Managers
- Office Managers responsible for HR Responsibilities
- Person Responsible for Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Margie Faulk, a senior level human resources and compliance professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Officer/Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC. Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors.
This includes Federal Contracting in the defense, military, anti-Terrorism and Apache Helicopter Training Simulations with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Sentencing Guidelines (FSG) and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program (OFCCP). Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie's focus has expanded to Global Workplace Compliance in International, multi-state, multi-National, state and local workplace compliance which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few. Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to HR professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).