While most PowerPoint intro courses leave you with descriptions of tools in the toolbox, this one will have you creating your first presentation in minutes. You’ll learn the basics of creating and delivering slide presentations in PowerPoint including:
- Why working from outlines can save hours of valuable time
- How the design elements of your presentation can communicate as much as the text
- When to use bullet points and when diagrams are better
- How to launch a presentation and navigate comfortably and with confidence
Why you should Attend
Do you defer to colleagues and teammates to craft presentation files? Do you avoid project responsibilities that involve creating PowerPoint decks? Are you holding yourself back because you are just simply not comfortable working in PowerPoint? If you’ve never created a PowerPoint presentation, just jumping into the application might seem confusing. While some things are intuitive, it’s easy to get lost in the bells and whistles.
Before you know it, you’re spending too much time fighting with the slides instead of crafting a great communication medium. Knowing where to start can mean you spend less time fighting with the tool and more time setting yourself up for success.
Areas Covered in the Session
- The point of PowerPoint
- Two ways to create outlines
- How to convert an outline to a presentation
- Selecting and modifying themes to ensure consistent look, feel, and branding
- Shortcuts, tips, and tricks to presenting a PowerPoint deck
Who Will Benefit
- Anyone who delivers presentations or prepares presentations for others
Melissa Esquibel specializes in transforming those confused by technology into empowered users of their software tools. As a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with more than 30 years in business application technology, Melissa has a unique ability to make learning programs enjoyable AND valuable. Melissa's consulting career spans banking, manufacturing, telecommunications, energy and insurance, which allows her to provide real-world examples and applications. She has enabled everyone from rocket scientists to real estate brokers to put the "productive" back in office productivity software. Melissa graduated summa cum laude from Strayer University with a Bachelor of Business Administration, majoring in Legal Studies.