The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org." ...more
Traininng.com LLC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Emotionally intelligent people are self-aware and are alert to the verbal and non-verbal signals of others, ensuring that their communication skills and ability to build relationships are more effective.
Emotional intelligence is a general set of skills that can be applied to anyone and any environment. Understanding EI and mastering the skills involving emotional intelligence will greatly help you and your team in difficult situations. It has been shown that, Emotional Intelligence or EI, can be even more critical than the power of the cognitive brain usually measured with IQ.
In others words, if you want to succeed, you would be much better off working on your soft skills, empathy, communication skills, understanding others and so on than to become better only at a specific technical skill. The Emotional Intelligence course presented here aims to familiarize you with EI. So this course is an introduction to the field.
Why you should Attend
This webinar will help you identify the practical steps you can take to recognize the 12 signs of emotional intelligence and help you to develop your emotional intelligence. This EI course can pay huge dividends especially in situations where your teams are under stress due to deadlines, demanding clients or intense and unproductive meetings.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- What is Emotional Intelligence and why should it matter?
- Recognize behaviors associated with emotional intelligence
- The 12 signs of being emotionally intelligent
- What is emotion? and How does "Emotional Hijacking" take place
- How to take advantage of the power of optimism?
- How to manage your anger effectively?
- Self-Motivation - How to motivate yourself?
- Empathy - How to have empathic communication with others
- Social Awareness
- How to have effective group interactions
- How to listen positively
Who Will Benefit
- Anyone who wants to maximize their business relationships for continued success by increasing their self awareness and emotional management through emotional intelligence skills
Audrey Halpern is a soft skills training facilitator consultant with 20+ years of experience. Audrey’s is currently a faculty member of American Management Association where she trains communication skills.