Have All Your Managers be Aware of all the Compliance Risks and How to Mitigate them! This Compliance Training will save your company over $300,000 in potential fines, violation and court settlements. Can you see how you can mitigate risk when you train your Managers? Can you afford to lose $300,000 plus?
How many Managers and Supervisors are training to be managers or leaders? Many Managers are promoted because they are good at what they do but do not know how to manage employees. Did you know, your managers have the power and the authority to make the decisions that will either ruin your company or improve it? Managers can be Ambassadors for your organizations providing leadership skills, mentorship and guidance to employees or provide increased risk and potential violations that can cost your company and the Managers litigation and fines & penalties for decisions they make through Vicarious Liability.
Vicarious Liability is when your Managers are held accountable and responsible for their actions as Managers. Not only is the company held responsible financially, but Managers can also be liable for fines and penalties based on the decisions they make. Not all decisions Managers make are good decisions or exemplify what the company would decide. Can you vouch for all your Managers? Even good Managers can cost the company thousands of dollars when they make decisions that impact the bottom line.
Why should you Attend
- Employers who train their Managers/Supervisors in compliance initiatives, have a "good faith Defense" if there are future workplace litigations
- Managers/Supervisors make decision that does not necessarily coincide with the Organization. This Compliance Training Series will mandate your Managers/Supervisors to follow your organization’s policies, culture and practice
- Your Organization can demonstrate that they provide good judgement when litigation issues arise. That means if the Organization can demonstrate that they train Managers/Supervisors, they will prove that they train for success
- Teach Managers/Supervisors the most volatile issues that they will face as Managers and how to mitigate those issues
- Teach Managers/Supervisor how to handle performance issues consistently and according to your Organization's values and mission
- Documentation is key in performance issues. Have your Managers/Supervisors learn how to document performance consistently, strategically and fairly
- Have Managers/Supervisors identify those compliance regulations that can impact the Organization as well as their accountability
- Provide your Managers/Supervisors with the tools they need to reduce risk and connect with their direct reports.
Areas Covered in the Session
- How document performance issues to withstand legal scrutiny?
- How to have Managers/Supervisors take the lead in managing their direct reports?
- How an effective Employee Manager relationship can reduce your risk and improve productivity;
- How will Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) impact your bottom line if there are performance issues?
- What does the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) do when there is a claim of discrimination?
- How can Managers assist their Direct reports as mentors and advisors?
- How Managers/Supervisors avoid "Vicarious Liability" when they make decisions that will impact the Organization?
- How can regular supervision limit the bad performance issues with direct reports?
- How can a good onboarding process ease the issues of good acclimation to the Organization's culture?
- What tools can Managers/Supervisors have to assist them in managing their teams?
- What happens when an employee is terminated and they make claims of wrongful termination?
- When Managers/Supervisors are not acting as managers but trying to be a friend to their direct reports?
- See what tools will help your Managers/Supervisors during the performance review evaluation period
- Teach Managers/Supervisors how they can manage their employees and reduce violations
Who Will Benefit
- Human Resources Professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Business owners
- Professionals who handle employee relations issues
- Anyone interested in becoming a Manager
Margie Faulk, a senior level human resources and compliance professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Officer/Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC. Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors.
This includes Federal Contracting in the defense, military, anti-Terrorism and Apache Helicopter Training Simulations with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Sentencing Guidelines (FSG) and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program (OFCCP). Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie's focus has expanded to Global Workplace Compliance in International, multi-state, multi-National, state and local workplace compliance which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few. Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to HR professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).