The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
How do you figure out which laws apply for properly administering leave, and minimize leave abuse? Perhaps most importantly, how does an employer craft effective leave policy for employees and procedures for managing employee leave so that staff can easily follow and your company stays ahead of the curve? Every employer, manager, executive, be they in life sciences, banking, pharmaceutical, medical device, manufacturing or any other industry is susceptible to leave interference claims by employees, state and federal agencies and also to employee leave abuse.
Why you should Attend
Employers regularly face challenges as to how to ensure high morale and productivity from their workers, which can be compromised by employee leave abuse. Solid, proactive employment practices can enable you to stay ahead of the curve and either side-step the challenge or meet it head on. Employers looking to get a handle on ensuring proper use of employee leave - before the employee goes out on leave will want to make sure they attend this webinar.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Creating and retaining records to maximize employee leave policy effectiveness
- Using call-in, attendance and vacation/sick leave policies to augment employee leave policies
- Practices to include in your policies to minimize leave abuse before and during leave
- Monitoring and investigating leave
- Return to work issues
- Best Practices and more!
- Learn about crafting sound policies and procedures for managing employee leave. The webinar explains how to prevent employee leave abuse and remain compliant with the laws and regulations regarding employee leaves
Who Will Benefit
- Human Resource VP's, HR Directors, Managers
- Leave Administrators, Benefits Administrators
- All Officers and all levels of management, Business Owners, CEO's
Janette Levey Frisch founder of The EmpLAWyerologist Firm, is an employment/HR attorney with over 20 years legal experience. Ms. Frisch is a legal wellness professional for employment practices and workforce challenges. She works with employers to craft solid employment practices wellness plans tailored to address a company’s needs and concerns. Ms. Frisch offers consultations and legal services on virtually all federal and NJ and NY state employment law issues.