This training program will help attendees identify what is the ACH network and examples of ACH electronic payments. It will list the five basic participants in each electronic ACH transaction and describe the settlement process and the difference between a debit and a credit ACH transaction.
Why you should Attend
In the financial services industry, there is constant turnover and training new employees on the basics of ACH electronic payments can be difficult and time-consuming.
Perhaps you have staff that have been working in ACH for some time, come to work every day, follow a checklist, but have no idea what or how the ACH payments get processed. For these employees and others whose responsibilities pertain to ACH payments, this webinar will provide the basis of how ACH payments work.
What are ACH payments, how do they work and what does that mean to a financial institution and its customers - are a few questions that will be answered during this introduction to ACH payment processing.
In this 90-minute information-filled session, attendees will discover the fundamentals of how ACH electronic payments work and the role that each participant in the ACH network plays to make ACH payments effective, efficient and inexpensive.
Areas Covered in the Session
- The ACH network - a brief history
- Five basic participants and their roles and responsibilities in the ACH network
- Common types of ACH payments – to identify how ACH payments are used everyday
- Identify the difference between a debit and credit transaction
- Illustrate the flow of ACH transactions among the basic five participants
- Definitions of terms and acronyms used in the ACH network
- How settlement works with the processing of ACH transactions
- Identify what is the ACH network and examples of ACH electronic payments
- List the five basic participants in each electronic ACH transaction
- Outline the roles each participant plays in the processing of ACH electronic payments
- Define the basic legal framework of the ACH network
- Illustrate the most common types of payments that flow through the ACH network
- Describe the settlement process and the difference between a debit and a credit ACH transaction
Who Will Benefit
- Financial Institution professionals (new/current operations staff)
- Banking operations managers and staff
- Compliance and risk professionals
- Treasury management professionals
- Aspiring AAPs (Accredited ACH Professionals)
- Loan officers
- Credit risk managers
- Payroll processors (new and current staff)
- Company/business owners (originators)
- Banking managers/ supervisors
- Third-party service providers and third-party senders
- Audit and compliance personnel/risk managers
Donna K Olheiser , AAP, is the vice president of Education Services and founder of Dynamic Mastership, LLC. She is an enthusiastic and energetic Certified Master Trainer with over 14 years’ training experience. She has designed and facilitated over 100 training sessions each year with her expertise being the rules for companies and financial institutions when processing electronic (specifically ACH) payments, then scheduling the events to facilitate/deliver the material through a variety of venues (webinars, teleseminars, in-person workshops, including regional and national conferences).
Ms. Olheiser is also an experienced project manager managing education programs for organizations processing electronic payments and developing personalized training programs for financial institutions.
She has over 24 years of experience in the financial services industry which includes 9 years’ experience as the education service director at a Regional Payments Association (RPA), where she managed and facilitated the entire education program for nearly 800 financial institution members. Prior to that, Ms. Olheiser spent 14 years in various departments with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and also holds the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) designation (achieved in 2004).
Her extensive knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for transferring payment processing knowledge using the adult learning theory is remarkable and has helped many payment professionals perform daily operational tasks including exception processing while remaining compliant with the NACHA Operating Rules. She uses scenarios and examples to bring the learning home, easy to comprehend and apply to real-life day-to-day ACH processing. Ms. Olheiser’s ability to engage the learner through the entire training event helps the adult learner apply what they’ve learned during and after each training session.