This webinar is for any user of Excel who works with large amounts of data and has data in multiple worksheets. Learning about the lookup functions will allow you to match data between databases.
Learn about VLOOKUP function in Excel which enables you to quickly and easily look for a value down a column of data and return a value from the same row in a different column. Perfect for when working with large tabular data.
INDEX and MATCH work in a similar way but provide more flexibility.
In just one fast-paced and informative training session, you’ll learn how to use lookup functions to let you work with your data more efficiently and gain powerful new tools to help you manipulate data and make better business decisions.
Why you should Attend
If you handle large amounts of data in Excel, this webinar on how to use VLOOKUP, MATCH and INDEX will help you tremendously.
The training will be delivered using Excel 2016 for Windows although for users of earlier versions, most of the functionality is available in Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Learning the arguments in the VLOOKUP function
- Understanding the importance of absolute references within many lookup functions
- VLOOKUP function in Excel for performing approximate matches
- Simplifying multiple-field look-ups with concatenation (combining fields into a single cell)
- Discovering how to use wildcards and multiple criteria within lookup formulas
- Using VLOOKUP to look up data from another workbook
- Learning how VLOOKUP stops looking after it finds an initial match within a list
- Exploring why VLOOKUP sometimes returns #N/A instead of a desired result
- Learning about the IFNA function available in Excel 2013 and later
- Use the IFERROR function to display something other than an #N/A error value when VLOOKUP can't find a match
- Seeing how the HLOOKUP function enables you to perform horizontal matches
- Learning why the INDEX and MATCH combination often is superior to VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP
- Using the MATCH function to find the position of an item on a list
- Perform dual lookups, allowing you to look across columns and down rows to cross-reference data you need
- Future-proof VLOOKUP by using Excel's Table feature versus referencing static ranges
- View two worksheets from within the same workbook at the same time.
Who Will Benefit
- Business Owners
- CEO's / CFO's / CTO's
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Anybody with large amounts of Data
- Anybody who uses Microsoft Excel on a regular basis, and wants to be more efficient and productive
Cathy Horwitz believes that when your employees know the capabilities of the software they use, they will demonstrate improved productivity, will be more efficient and will be able to problem solve more easily.
Cathy teaches classes on the Microsoft suite of application software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Outlook. Cathy has over 30 years of experience in classroom and virtual training and has been an instructor of Microsoft Office since 1989.
Her strengths include customizing classes based on the needs of individual students and providing realistic business examples to compliment training. She is a high energy trainer with a flair for training the adult student.
She holds the Modern Classroom Certified Trainer certification from Logical Operations which prepares instructors for all aspects of delivering a course using the latest training technologies and approaches.
When not teaching, Cathy enjoys gardening, shopping estate sales and refinishing mid-century furniture.