The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Traininng.com LLC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
All business professionals need a good working knowledge of financial statements to include how they are created and how they can be used to make key business decisions. Business/financial transactions are transformed into financial statements through an accounting process.
Three required statements are produced:
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Statement
Why you should Attend
- How business/financial transactions are transformed into financial statements
- Key components of financial statements
- Simple blocks ad key concepts used in creating statements
- Simple meaning and relevance of accrual basis accounting
- Simple meaning and relevance of finance and accounting
- Key components of ratios used in financial statement analysis:
- Cash impact in all analysis
- The five major categories of relevant rations:
- Profitability to measure gross and net profit
- Efficiency to measure productivity and utilization of resources
- Liquidity to measure how well financial obligation is being met
- Solvency to measure debt encumbrances
- Cash- the key business success measurement
- The simple meaning of all ratio results and how to use them in making business decisions to improve profits and productivity
Areas Covered in the Session
- Attendees will take away a simple and solid working knowledge of financial statements and how they can be used to make relevant business decisions. I guarantee it!
- Using relevant ratios as the language of business and the road to relevant business decisions
Who Will Benefit
- All financial professionals interested in the control of expenses &
cash and preventing/detecting waste fraud and misuse in a COVID-19 “work
from anywhere” WFA environment
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and Coach. He holds a MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a 275M, high growth technology based company. He has over 25 years of senior level business management experience. In addition, he has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting and business management. Former CEO of his own small parts manufacturing company as well as former Senior Financial Associate of major consulting firm.
Carl is a member of the following organizations: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors), and the National Association of Accountants.
An engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points. Sessions are rich in content, lively, full of energy and include plenty of audience interaction. He has branded himself as Mr. Simplicity! His goal is to make finance and accounting relevant to non-financial professionals using tools and techniques that are simple to understand and apply.