The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Traininng.com LLC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
This webinar provides this simple platform and moves the many myths about accounting and financial statements too simple to understand and apply tools and techniques. Special emphasis is placed on the understanding of the various terms used. These financial statements are considered the language of business and the means and methods by which the financial health of the company is conveyed to the owners, managers, and stakeholders. This webinar will provide you with a good sound working knowledge of financial statements and substantially enhance your ability to use them in the management of resources, improving the profits and productivity of your company.
Why you should Attend
All non-financial professionals are challenged in today’s business environment to manage and ensure full and efficient utilization of limited resources to improve profits and productivity and achieve overall business success. This requires as a foundation the understanding & analysis of financial statements. Financial transactions of a business are transformed through an accounting process into three key and required financial statements, they are:
- The balance sheet shows what the company owns minus what it owes and the resulting financial strength of the company
- The income statement indicates the comparison of revenue earned from providing goods and services less the costs or expenses used to provide the goods and services. This resulting comparison is called profit or surplus
- Cash Flow Statement which indicates the company’s sources and uses of funds
The ability to understand and analyze financial statements is key and relevant to making sound business decisions. One essential key is the understanding of the different terms, tools, and techniques used in the process of preparing these statements. Non-financial professionals find this a conflicting challenge and need a simple framework for understanding & analyzing these statements.
Areas Covered in the Session
- The basic framework used in the preparation of financial statements
- The basic components of each statement and their use in business decisions and resource management
- A simple understanding of finance & accounting
The simple understanding of:
- Cash vs. accrual basis accounting
- Accounting concepts and building blocks
- Core components of financial statements
- Analyzing financial statements as the language of business
- Simple financial statement terminology
- Simple signs that indicate the business is financially healthy
- Financial statement red flags, cautions, and concerns
- Relevant ratios to improve profits and productivity with attendee exercises and engagement
- The essence of ratios, trends, comparisons, and cash in all business analysis and decisions
Review of five essential categories of ratios to measure the impact of:
Essential essence and utilization of:
- Working Capital
- Cash Management
- Free Cash Flow
Overall you will learn in simple to understand and apply tools and techniques how to understand and analyze financial statements. That’s a guarantee!
Who Will Benefit
- Business Owners & Entrepreneurs
- Business Managers
- Resource Manages
- Sales Personnel
- Operations Managers
- Finance Associates & Managers
- All Non-Financial Professionals responsible for managing resources
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and Coach. He holds a MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a 275M, high growth technology based company. He has over 25 years of senior level business management experience. In addition, he has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting and business management. Former CEO of his own small parts manufacturing company as well as former Senior Financial Associate of major consulting firm.
Carl is a member of the following organizations: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors), and the National Association of Accountants.
An engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points. Sessions are rich in content, lively, full of energy and include plenty of audience interaction. He has branded himself as Mr. Simplicity! His goal is to make finance and accounting relevant to non-financial professionals using tools and techniques that are simple to understand and apply.