Learn how to manage databases in Excel with this webinar. Learn the tools that will help large amounts of data seem more manageable and easier to sort through and analyze. Become a master at working with databases in Excel.
- Easy-to-use methods to build and manage your database
- Specialized table tools that simplify your job
- Techniques to sort and filter data in order to identify business trends
- Tips and tricks to validate your data and guarantee accuracy
Areas Covered in the Session
- Set up a usable database
- Navigate a large database
- Sort data by single and multiple columns
- Filter for specific data sets
- Custom filter for text, numbers and dates
- Use Data Validation to create drop down lists for easy data entry
- Subtotal data
- Import a text file into Excel
- Learn the benefits of tables
- Create and modify tables
- Add and delete data in a table
- Calculate data in a table
- Use the table’s total row
- Summarize table data with a PivotTable
- Learn the benefit of refreshing PivotTables based on tables
- Convert tables to normal ranges of data and why
Who Will Benefit
- Business Owners
- CEO's / CFO's / CTO's
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Anybody with large amounts of data
- Anybody who uses Microsoft Excel on a regular basis, and wants to be more efficient and productive
Cathy Horwitz believes that when your employees know the capabilities of the software they use, they will demonstrate improved productivity, will be more efficient and will be able to problem solve more easily.
Cathy teaches classes on the Microsoft suite of application software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Outlook. Cathy has over 30 years of experience in classroom and virtual training and has been an instructor of Microsoft Office since 1989.
Her strengths include customizing classes based on the needs of individual students and providing realistic business examples to compliment training. She is a high energy trainer with a flair for training the adult student.
She holds the Modern Classroom Certified Trainer certification from Logical Operations which prepares instructors for all aspects of delivering a course using the latest training technologies and approaches.
When not teaching, Cathy enjoys gardening, shopping estate sales and refinishing mid-century furniture.