The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
This is nothing to worry about as long as your organization is doing what it is supposed to be doing when it comes to reporting income paid on Forms 1099.
Now, more than ever it is important that you utilize best practices with regards to collecting and reporting taxpayer identification numbers and income as required. In this newly-created program you will learn exactly what you should be doing to comply with IRS regulations.
Why you should Attend
While TIN solicitation might sound too lascivious for the legitimate business world, it is critical that every organization take this task seriously. For if they don't, a very uncomfortable and costly audit with the IRS is likely to ensue.
If you've heard that the IRS budget is likely to be cut and think that means good news for your organization when it comes to audits, think again. The indications are that enforcements in relation to information reporting errors will be up.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Identify all required TIN information you need to collect
- Design a best-practice TIN solicitation process
- Recognize outdated TIN collection practices
- Determine who should sign up for IRS TIN Matching in your organization
- Incorporate appropriate TIN solicitation practices into your new vendor operations
- Identify those situations when you should require a new W-9
Who Will Benefit
- Accountants: Controllers, Assistant Controllers, Accountants, Accounting Managers, GL Managers
- Auditors: Company Internal Auditors, Accounting Firm Auditors
- Accounts payable: Managers ,Directors, Supervisors and Professionals
- Accounts receivable: Managers,Directors, Supervisors and Professionals
Mary S. Schaeffer a nationally recognized accounts payable expert, founded AP Now, a membership organization focused on creating business intelligence around the accounts payable and payment function. She has written 18 business books and is a frequent and popular speaker at both online and live events.
Schaeffer has created a number of CPE self-study courses, customized training and online training events. Previously she held positions as an Assistant Treasurer for the Equitable Life Assurance Society, a Financial Risk Manager for O&Y and a Corporate Cash Manager for Continental Grain. She has an MBA in Finance from NYU and a BS in Mathematics from York College, which is public university system of New York City.