During the webinar we will share essential tips that will not only help you understand and manage interruptions and other remote working issues but it will also help you in learning how to stay focused when working from home and improving your time management skills.
Why you should Attend
Today’s workers are nearly as likely to interrupt themselves as to be interrupted by others. About 44 percent of interruptions are self-induced. These interruptions can break your train of thoughts and slow your work pace. While interruptions at the workplace and at home are inevitable, it doesn’t mean that they cannot be minimized or reduced. How you deal with interruptions and what your strategies are for handling them matters.
The key to controlling interruptions is to know what they are and whether they are necessary, and to plan for them.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Time management skill
- What are the interruptions in your day?
- Identify time bandits
- Identify your attitude about interruptions
- How to plan for interruptions
- Strategies for managing remote workplace interruptions
- How to manage your relationships – working with multiple boss’s
- Working with a micromanager
- How to make it a win-win
- Learn to say NO
- How to set expectations
- Urgent versus important
- How to prioritize
- Procrastination pro’s and con’s
- How to refocus after being interrupted
- Tips for working from home effectively
Who Will Benefit
- Managers and front-line employees who are managing others.
Audrey Halpern is a soft skills training facilitator consultant with 20+ years of experience. Audrey’s is currently a faculty member of American Management Association where she trains communication skills.