The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Managing people successfully is at the heart of every project, every team, and every management or leadership position. The same rules apply to managing a corporate division or a PTA committee. Why? Because we are dealing with humans. Management "science" is based on a deep understanding of human nature. But management is more than following a set of guidelines. Every situation is different, and we need some fundamental approaches anyone can master and apply to any circumstance. Learn an uncomplicated way to analyze what will enable people to get the job done and be "managed" effectively.
As a result of this webinar you will have insights to:
- Apply the context for management and leadership: vision, mission, planning
- Analyze each individual's needs and abilities
- Use delegation to develop people's capabilities to perform
- Use motivation to develop people's desires to perform
- Coach individuals effectively to develop new capabilities, maintain good levels of performance, and engage proactively
- Provide meaningful feedback and performance evaluation for continuous improvement
Why you should Attend
Whether you are new to management or have been managing for a while, you can encounter situations which are difficult to deal with regarding people. People do not always perform or behave the way we want or think they should. Humans are complex. No one leaves his or her personal life at the door. We are all affected by what is happening in our personal life to a greater of lesser extent. Too often the specific answer to our question is, "It depends." This program is designed to give you a framework for handling situations more effectively.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Planning for Success: Developing a plan with your manager for success
- Delegating plans for team and individual results
- Motivating individuals effectively
- Coaching for improved performance
- Providing feedback and evaluating performance
- Developing you own plan for success integrating lessons learned
Who Will Benefit
- Managers at any Level
- Newer Managers, Supervisors
- Project Managers
- Team Leaders
- Departmental Managers
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein Ph.D., and President of Advantage Leadership, Inc. works with leaders and their organizations to Increase your bottom-line results through strategic leadership, engaged employees, and delighted customers in all economic sectors. Draw on her proven ability to mentor you through major change, customizing successful solutions to your complex issues.
For over 25 years, Rebecca has contributed value as an executive, manager, educator, and consultant, honored on four continents. She is a Ph.D. in organizational development, a National Speakers Association Legacy Professional Member, and St. Petersburg Engineering Academy Foreign Member and author of books on strategic leadership and planning.