In this webinar expert speaker's James Zack will help you to identify several types of owner claims against contractors and the elements of the burden of proof required of all claimants.
The basic requirements concerning damages are covered. The webinar will conclude with an outline of various dispute resolution methodologies.
Why you should Attend
This webinar will help attendees to understand the burden of proof requirement all claimants (both owners and contractors) must meet and recognize that all parties to a construction contract must anticipate changes and claims.
This webinar will give attendees a brief discussion of claims under various project delivery methods and a summary of an accepted claims preparation and analysis methodology.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Discuss the "universe of construction claims"
- Demonstrate how the basic three part test of a claim (entitlement, causation and damages) applies to each type of claim
- Educate attendees on how to prepare and present or analyze and settle or defend against construction claims
- How to deal with construction claims situations and events
- The downside risk of leaving claims and disputes to fester until the end of a project
- The fundamentals of contracts and claims
Who Will Benefit
- Owners of Capital improvement Projects
- Construction Managers and Design professionals involved in the Construction Process
- Contractor Executives
- Project Managers
- Project Sponsors
- Project control Personnel involved in Preparing and Submitting Construction Claims
James G. Zack, CFCC, CCM, FAACE, FGPC, FRICS, PMP
Senior Advisor, Ankura Construction Forum™ - the construction industry's global resource for thought leadership and best practices on avoidance and resolution of construction project disputes globally. Formerly, Jim was the founder and Executive Director of the Navigant Construction Forum™.
Previously he was the Executive Director, Corporate Claims Management, Fluor Corporation; Vice President, PinnacleOne; and Senior Construction Claims Consultant, CH2M HILL, Inc. With more than 47 years experience he is a recognized expert in mitigation, analysis and resolution or defense of construction claims. A Fellow of AACE, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and the Guild of Project Controls. Mr. Zack is a Certified Forensic Claims Consultant, a Certified Construction Manager and a Project Management Professional as well as an internationally known author and speaker on construction claims.