On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a requirement that all federal workers be vaccinated against COVID-19. The action goes a step further than what Biden announced earlierthis summer, when federal workers had the option of being tested regularly instead of getting vaccinated. The tightening vaccine requirement for federal workers comes as the Biden administration is stepping up its encouragement of vaccine mandates in the private sector as well. The decision comes as Biden faces pressure to act more forcefully on the pandemic and the spike on the Delta variant across the nation.
Requiring Vaccinations for all Federal Workers and for Millions of Contractors that Do Business with the Federal Government
Building on the President’s announcement in July to strengthen safety requirements for unvaccinated federal workers, the President has signed an Executive Order to take those actions a step further and require all federal executive branch workers to be vaccinated. The President also signed an Executive Order directing that this standard be extended to employees of contractors that do business with the federal government.
Requiring All Employers with 100+ Employees to Ensure their Workers are Vaccinated or Tested Weekly
The Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is developing a rule that will require all employers with 100 or more employees to ensure their workforce is fully vaccinated or require any workers who remain unvaccinated to produce a negative test result on at least a weekly basis before coming to work. OSHA will issue an Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) to implement this requirement. This requirement will impact over 80 million workers in private sector businesses with 100+ employees.
Why you should Attend
These and other mandates are impacting the workplace in more ways. The Executive Order includes vaccine mandates for the healthcare industries and mandates for Employers to provide paid time off to get vaccinated. Employers in all these industries need to adapt to the changes to combat the Delta Virus. Many issues will arise based on these mandates like, what is the enforcement, what are the penalties and which of the mandates will kick in first. This training will provide the insight of all the mandates and how it will impact the workplace.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Learn what the reason is for these new vaccine mandates
- What happens if employees refuse to follow the mandates
- What is the 6 prong approach for managing the increase in the Delta Variant?
- How will the Department of Labor (DOL)/OSHA implement the mandate for private employers with 100 employees?
- How will the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) manage the vaccine mandates for federal contractor and subcontractors
- What are the penalties that can be expected if federal contractors?
- How will the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is taking action to require COVID-19 vaccinations for workers in most health care settings that receive Medicare or Medicaid reimbursement
- What are the compliance strategies in the workplace to mitigate challenges to the mandates?
- How can business owners assist in the reduction of the spread of the Delta variant?
- What are the challenges with masks mandates, testing, vaccine mandates and safety in the workplace?
What resources will be offered to Employers to manage the paid time off mandates
Who Will Benefit
All Employers interested in learning about the new mandates
- Business Owners with over 100 employees
- Health Industries
- Federal Contractors & Subcontractors
- Company Leadership
- Compliance professionals
- Payroll Administrators
- HR Professionals
Margie Faulk, a senior level human resources and compliance professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Officer/Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC. Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors.
This includes Federal Contracting in the defense, military, anti-Terrorism and Apache Helicopter Training Simulations with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Sentencing Guidelines (FSG) and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program (OFCCP). Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie's focus has expanded to Global Workplace Compliance in International, multi-state, multi-National, state and local workplace compliance which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few. Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to HR professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).