All businesses produce financial transactions. These transactions are transformed into three financial statements that indicate the financial results produced from these transactions. Results are expressed in required statements: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cash Flow Statement. These statements provide the language that communicates the financial health of the company to its managers and stakeholders.
The transformation process is called accounting and is viewed by most non-financial professionals as a complicated scientific process that is difficult to comprehend. This webinar converts that myth to the real meaning and indicates how transactions are transformed into the financial statement in simple easy to understand and apply tools and techniques using interactive exercises and examples.
I guarantee you will be amazed and impressed at how simple it is to understand the process of transforming transactions into statements!
Why you should Attend
- Destroy common that accounting is complicated
- Add useful meaning to the concept of accounting
- Learn useful concepts & tools easy to understand & apply
- Learn via simple interactive exercise how financial statements are made
- Grasp the entire concept of accounting 101 in 90 minutes
- Greatly enhance your knowledge of finance & accounting as a non-financial professional
- Enhance your ability to use financial statements with the increased knowledge of how they are created in simple tools & techniques
Areas Covered in the Session
- Business/financial transactions used in accounting
- Generic definitions
- Comparison to personal transactions
- How transactions are classified, recorded, summarized, and reported using simple terms and interactive exercises
- Review of the completed financial statements
Who Will Benefit
- Non-financial Professionals interested in learning simply to understand and apply terms tools & techniques on how financial transactions into financial statements
- Financial Professionals that need a refresher
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and Coach. He holds a MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a 275M, high growth technology based company. He has over 25 years of senior level business management experience. In addition, he has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting and business management. Former CEO of his own small parts manufacturing company as well as former Senior Financial Associate of major consulting firm.
Carl is a member of the following organizations: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors), and the National Association of Accountants.
An engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points. Sessions are rich in content, lively, full of energy and include plenty of audience interaction. He has branded himself as Mr. Simplicity! His goal is to make finance and accounting relevant to non-financial professionals using tools and techniques that are simple to understand and apply.