Participants in this webinar will gain an understanding of how linking pay to performance encourages exceptional performance among employees. They will be able to recognize the link between employee engagement and performance management.
Tips to get buy-in from all levels of the organization will be discussed. Participants will learn methods to identify the characteristics of effective goals and understand the relationship of professional development and goals. Additionally, participants will be able to create a "line of sight" connection between company, group, and individual goals.
Why should you Attend
Organizations spend an enormous amount of time, energy, and resources each year to set their organizational goals. To attain those goals, a company relies on their greatest asset: their employees. Employees who feel recognized demonstrate a stronger desire to help the company grow and succeed.
Therefore, linking pay to performance could leverage employee engagement and enhance overall organizational performance.
Alignment between an organization and its employees doesn't come naturally - it takes planning, hard work, and communication. Learning effective techniques to optimize organizational outcomes by ensuring there is a "line of sight" connection between organizational objectives and the goals established for individual employees is crucial.
Participation in this webinar will offer attendees the opportunity to learn techniques to link performance pay with organizational goals resulting in better employee engagement through effective performance management, boost in productivity and numerous other benefits.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Defining goal-based performance management
- Pros and Cons of linking pay to performance
- Obtaining buy-in at all levels of the organization
- Methods for introducing a goal-based performance system to employees
- Handling push-back from employees and managers
- Why some Managers hesitate to get on board with a goal-based performance management system and how to get past that issue
- Concept of “cascading” goals
- Six steps to cascading organizational goals, aligning them with the organization’s performance management process, and creating relevant employee development plans connected to the organization’s business strategy
- How to set individual employee goals
- SMART goals
- Performance tools available to Managers
- How to coach employees who are not meeting goals
Who Will Benefit
- Senior Management
- HR Managers
- HR Generalists
- Operations Managers
- Compensation Professionals
- Managers with HR responsibility
- Any Professional who establishes goals/performance targets or who has accountability for operational outcomes
Diane L. Dee, President of Advantage HR Consulting LLC, has over 25 years of experience in the Human Resources arena. Diane's background includes experience in HR consulting and administration in corporate, government, consulting and pro bono environments. Diane found Advantage HR Consulting in early 2016.
Under Diane's leadership, Advantage HR provides comprehensive, cost-effective Human Resources solutions for small to mid-sized firms in the greater Chicagoland area. Additionally, Diane conducts webinars on a wide-variety of HR topics for training firms across the country.
Diane holds a Master Certificate in Human Resources from Cornell University's School of Industrial and Labor Relations and has attained SPHR, SHR-SCP, sHRBP and HRPM certification.
Diane is a member of the National association of Women Business Owners and the Society for Human Resource Management. Additionally, Diane performs pro bono work through the Taproot Foundation assisting non-profit clients by integrating their Human Resources goals with their corporate strategies.