The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Emphasizing the importance of long-term strategic decision-making, the strategic decision-making mindset program is designed to improve managers' judgment and critical thinking skills using proven approaches, cutting-edge research, and behavioral economics.
Participants will understand the decision-making process from start to finish, with the ability to recognize cognitive biases that inhibit good decisions. This strategic decision-making program enhances participants' capacity to make well-thought-out individual, group, and organizational decisions.
Why you should Attend
- Stick to the fundamentals of strategic planning, decision making, and leadership to focus the organization for success
- Resist firefighting and quick tactical reactions
- Use your mission to drive daily action and decision making
- Implement strategies to execute plans and track progress
- Cascade the plan through the organization to engage employees
- Get back on track when you are off plan
- Focus on results, not activity, to evolve your plan
- Avoid turning planning into a bureaucratic nightmare
- Demonstrate ROI for your planning efforts
Areas Covered in the Session
- Strategic Approach to Planning
- Dump the To-Do List
- Create a common vision to focus the organization
- Developing the mission to drive daily action and decision making
- Developing goals, objectives, and strategies to fulfill mission
- Success factors to cascade the plan through the organization
- Guidelines for implementation plans; who and why
- Using planning to engage employees
- Tracking progress against the plan
- Getting back on track when we are off plan
- Stay focused on results, not activity, focused
- Making strategic decisions
- Grow, evolve, and improve your plan
- Demonstrate ROI for our planning efforts
Who Will Benefit
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor
- Departmental Managers
- Project managers
- Leaders in any capacity
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein Ph.D., and President of Advantage Leadership, Inc. works with leaders and their organizations to Increase your bottom-line results through strategic leadership, engaged employees, and delighted customers in all economic sectors. Draw on her proven ability to mentor you through major change, customizing successful solutions to your complex issues.
For over 25 years, Rebecca has contributed value as an executive, manager, educator, and consultant, honored on four continents. She is a Ph.D. in organizational development, a National Speakers Association Legacy Professional Member, and St. Petersburg Engineering Academy Foreign Member and author of books on strategic leadership and planning.