Pivot Tables have been a mainstay of the Excel program for two decades, and yet they remain a daunting and little understood tool. If you are a daily user of Excel, then at some point you will be faced with the challenge of data summaries and analysis. The 1st level of that process is sorting and filtering. And the 2nd level is Pivot Tables. Without them, you will be spinning your wheels trying to make sense of data.
In this crash course, Andy Lanning will take you from intro to advanced; with many tips and tricks along the way!
This course will demonstrate the Pivot Table window, the design process, the advanced level features, and also provided a downloadable PDF guide with step-by-step instructions on each feature covered.
You will see various Pivot Table and dashboard examples in order to provide ideas on handling different projects and data sets.
Take this course and benefit from Andy Lanning’s 20+ years of experience. At the finish, you will realize how hard you have worked without Pivot Tables helping you through your projects, and soon rejoice at your newfound expertise!
Why you should Attend
Excel Pivots can be a little confusing until you learn the handy tips in this webinar that will bolster your confidence when summarizing data.
Have you been leery of Pivot Tables because you might break them? You might "lose data"? Or you just don't understand how they work?
Attend this webinar for a crash course in Pivot Tables and you’ll be amazed how often you will use Pivots afterward.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Quickly summarize data with Pivot Tables
- Manipulate (or Pivot) the Pivot Table for varying results
- Group data by custom number ranges and data ranges
- Create a calculated field within the Pivot table
- Learn the built-in "Summarize By…" features
- Learn how to "drill down" to details
- Learn how to keep your Pivot table spreadsheet tidy
- Learn why named ranges are a benefit, and why Excel 'tables' can be a drawback to producing multiple Pivot Tables
- Create Dashboard tools to assist others who might use the workbook
- Attach Pivot charts to the tables and Dashboard items
- Apply design techniques for the presentation of data
- Learn the little known - but vital - Pivot Table settings that will save time and frustration
Who Will Benefit
- Anyone that is using data sets and has the need to summarize or organize data into a presentable format
Andy Lanning, owner, trainer, and Chief Nerd of Computer Software Training, LLC.
Andy has 25+ years of experience teaching computer software in the corporate and university environments. She teaches basic to advanced levels in most Microsoft Office programs. She is adjunct faculty at Boise State University, since 1994 to present, where she specializes in computer training for the Center for Professional Development. She also travels to teach at company conferences across the U.S.
Andy’s background includes corporate training, private training, and freelance data analysis. She has recorded several online training courses for Udemy.com, GoSkills.com, and in her career has delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a variety of Microsoft topics.