First, the course illustrates where pivot table stands in the Excel Techniques Chart, and brings up the topic of when to and when NOT to use a pivot table.
Second, we use a business case to compare ways of reporting on huge data -Formulas vs. Pivot Tables, and point out the pros and cons of Pivot Tables:
- No complex formulas needed
- Easy to drag and drop
- Drag away to remove
- Double click to drill down to details
Third, the course illustrates 6 basic and 6 intermediate maneuvers to tame the Pivot Table beast!
Last, the course explores best practices in building a pivot table. They include:
- Do set up Data List as Data Table
- Do put multiple pivot tables in multiple tabs
- Do protect sensitive info such as Salary details
- Do set up “auto refresh” of Pivot Tables
Why you should Attend
If you have heard about pivot tables but never have chance to create one, or if you know how to build a pivot table, but keep being “harassed” by the constant pop-up of error messages while using pivot tables, then this webinar is for you.
Join me in the webinar:
- To learn essential hacks of fixing a pivot table
- To learn about the 6 best practices of building a pivot table
- To avoid the pitfalls in using pivot tables
It does not matter if you are an Excel novice, or an Excel Advanced user, everyone is sure to learn something new, I can guarantee you on that, as this happened to me time and time again when I tuned in to other master’s Excel lessons.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Introduction: what does Pivot Table stand in the Excel Techniques?
- Pros and cons of Pivot Tables
- 6 basic pivot table hacks
- 6 intermediate pivot table hacks
- 6 best practices in building Pivot Tables
Who Will Benefit
- Business Analysts
- Financial Analysts
- Financial Reporting Analysts
- VPs of Finance
- Accounting Managers
- Administrative Assistants
- Other Professionals
Lenny WU A proponent for automated financial reporting and self-service dashboard reporting, Lenny Wu is a tech-savvy CPA who integrates technology into financial reporting and Big Data analysis using Power Query, Power Pivot, Power BI and Adaptive Insights. Lenny also provides professional training in MS Excel and other programs on prominent online training sites.
Experience: 15+ years experiences in financial planning and analysis (FP&A), financial reporting and modeling, process streamlining, and Big Data analysis. Strong presentation skills. 6+ years as Subject matter expert (SME) on Adaptive Insights budgeting system with a public company.