In today's face-paced work environment, decisions and requests for action are bombarding you constantly. If you make these decisions in "firefighting" reactionary mode, you are more likely to make mistakes. Being proactive and thinking critical dramatically increase the chance you will make an excellent decision and take the action to get the best results.
Why should you Attend
Adopt approaches that work and learn to:
- Solve problems and make effective decisions using critical thinking and simple, practical tools
- Increase decision accuracy even when information is limited
- Minimize poor decisions; neutralize the effects of stress, emotions, and distractions on decisions
- Use simple tools to enhance decision making and problem solving
- Use critical thinking to challenge all assumptions and seek alternative information
Areas Covered in the Session
- What are Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving?
- Strengths and Challenges when analyzing and solving problems
- Relationships among planning, critical thinking, and creative problem solving
- Role of critical thinking in meeting business challenges
- Prioritize issues for greatest decision-making effectiveness and efficiency
- Integrate art and science of critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Role of values and facts in decision making
- Challenge "knowledge," beliefs, "facts," assumptions, and conventional wisdom
- Methods to explore alternatives, ask probing questions, and stimulate thinking
- Convert negativity into curiosity
- Creative problem solving; use whole-brain, critical-thinking Clarity to solve a real issue
- Define the goal and constraints to achieve objectives
- Discover "blind spots" and hidden assumptions
- Define measurement of success
- Develop solution options and plan
- Make the decision with confidence and test decisions
Who Will Benefit
- Company Presidents
- Vice Presidents
- Anyone in a supervisory position
- Payroll Administrators / Managers
- All Employees
- Departmental Managers
- Project managers
- Leaders in any capacity
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, PhD, and president of Advantage Leadership, Inc. works with leaders around the world who want engaged employees to increase bottom-line results and delight customers through strategic planning, culture change, and team development. Rebecca has contributed to organizational success as a manager and executive.
As a consultant she uses her proven ability to mentor leaders through major change, working with them to craft customized, successful solutions to complex business issues in all economic sectors. She is the author of several books on strategic planning and strategic leadership, holds a PhD in organizational development, and is a Legacy Professional Member of the National Speakers Association.
She has served as president of many civic, business, and nonprofit boards of directors, and has been honored for her work on 4 continents.