The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Most people view Performance Review Meetings as a painful, but required process. Learn how to turn this meeting into a motivating constructive planning session. The better the meeting is planned for and run, the easier performance is to manage throughout the year and you'll see real results.
Areas Covered in the Session
Learn how to prepare for and run an effective and productive Performance Review Meeting. By the end of this program, you will have the tools to:
- Help the employee prepare in order to set accurate expectations and participation
- Help yourself prepare to be in control of the meeting and yet guide the employee to be motivated
- Use a painless way to collect documentation during the year
- Set up and conduct an effective meeting
- Open the meeting to establish a positive and challenging environment
- Know what to say for a results-oriented meeting
- Create effective goals and an action plan that the employee will be committed to
- Make the tough judgement call when scoring numbers must be chosen to reflect performance
- Design an on-target developmental plan
- Close the meeting to bring everything together and motivate the employee to begin their plan
Who Will Benefit
This practical, 60-minute webinar will provide you and your colleagues with effective strategies to confront your under-performers and problem employees and turn your headaches into hard workers.
Janelle Brittain, MBA, CSP spent 9 years in healthcare management, consulting and training, where she wrote and published 4 healthcare books. After working in the hi-tech world, Janelle founded the Dynamic Performance Institute, LLC in 1989. He she has worked with over 50 healthcare companies and organizations, such as VA Medical Center-Michigan, Abbott, Medtronic, Amgen, Children's Memorial Hospital-Chicago and College of American Pathologists.
As an internationally known trainer, speaker, facilitator and Executive Coach, she has helped over 300 clients from Fortune 100 companies to healthcare organizations, to professional associations, to entrepreneurial companies in leadership, team building, managing change, developing management and performance management.
She is the author of six published books, four in healthcare and two recently published business books: Star Team Dynamics: 12 Lessons Learned from Experienced Team Builders and How to Say It: Performance Reviews. She has also produced a training film and a number of CD's.
She holds an Executive MBA and is a Certified Speaking Professional, the highest earned designation from the National Speakers Association. Only 700 people have been able to achieve the CSP worldwide over the last 30 years.