The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
This is a one-stop resource for 2021 compliance information for payroll professionals. Topics include changes to reporting (e.g., Form 941) after the pandemic’s economic effects: FFCRA, CARES Act; the effect of pandemic-driven rule changes on W-2 forms for 2020. We offer a single point of reference for 2021 limits for 401(k), 403(b), 457, SIMPLE IRA, as well as minimum wage and SUTA wage base changes. If you are affected by FUTA Credit Reduction for 2020 reporting, we will supply the latest information on 2020 credit reduction locations. In summary, we will give you the latest payroll compliance information in one webinar.
Why you should Attend
- This is a one-time, all-in-one webinar with all the information you need for managing your process for 2021
- We offer up-to-date information on reporting changes (Forms 941, W-2) pursuant to the new laws and pandemic-related credits: FFCRA, CARES Act.
- You will receive information on 2021 statutory limits
- Changes to reporting deadlines
- 2021 SUI Wage Bases
- Changes to minimum wages will be given
- Earned Income Tax Credit Information
- Big-picture insight on how these changes combine to help enhance your knowledge this year
Areas Covered in the Session
- 2021 limits for deferred compensation as well as other IRS limits will be presented.
- A discussion of what regulations will be deferred, and which will go forward.
- Changes to Form 941 for the year 2020 and 2021
- Updates to the Form W-2 for 2020/21
- FUTA updates for 2021, including the final 2020 Credit Reduction State(s)
- State and local tax updates, as well as state unemployment updates for 2021
- 2020 W-2 and 2020-21 941 changes for pandemic reporting
- FFCRA and CARES Act information to help you manage reporting in the pandemic
- 2021 changes to SUI wage bases
- Employee contributions
- Minimum wage changes
Who Will Benefit
- Payroll Associate
- Payroll Supervisor
- Payroll Manager
- HR Teams and Finance Teams that have responsibility for benefits
Merle Capello is an experienced CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) who can manage, train and elevate team members, enhancing their skills so that they can be leveraged to benefit clients. Merle is a professional who works to improve processes, by additional knowledge and conforming to rules of compliance. She is also an experienced procedure and policy developer who works to leave a better team behind than the one she finds. Merle is a subject matter expert on compliance, payroll taxes, work rules and payroll best practices. Merle offers consulting services for those who need a professional's advice and counsel. In her more than 25 years of experience spearheading the development, enhancement, and transfer of payroll and HRIS operations, Merle has learned to provide team members with the guidance and motivation to exceed objectives.
Merle enjoys the challenge of implementation and organizational change, using her analytical skills and her knowledge base to make the most prudent decisions for the team and for her clients. Merle can easily adapt to either running a department or advising a client on how best to run their department. She can write step-by-step directions for processes, if needed, or coach a team member to do so.
Merle is also a longtime member of her professional organization, the American Payroll Association. She has maintained her Certification for over 25 years