The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Get specified results by understanding reward vs. punishment psychology, and establishing and carrying out a robust plan for team goals and for individual development. Lead a productive, innovative team using performance planning, delegation, motivation, feedback/coaching, evaluation and effective employee rewards and recognition program. Create effective relationships and communicate effectively with employees.
Perfect your motivational, engagement, and inspirational skills.
Why you should Attend
Today's workforce is mobile and unwilling to stay in job where appreciation is rare or where the person is not making a difference.
You are judged on the quality of work of your team members, which means you must help them perform at their best. Everyone is unique and requires a unique approach.
The fundamentals of human motivation enable you to engage each employee and the entire team for top performance. Know about reward vs. punishment in the workplace and learn to get the results you need while building a dedicated team.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Understanding your strengths and challenges when motivating employees
- The role of mission in motivation
- Developing your mission-driven plan
- Relation of employee's knowledge, experience, and competence to motivation
- Motivators and De-motivators
- Maslow's hierarchy of needs and motivation
- Herzberg's two factors and motivation
- McClelland's acquired social needs and motivation
- Internal vs. external motivation
- How do we understand human behavior in organization and decide what motivates each person
- Providing effective feedback and coaching
- Maintaining motivation in a virtual environment
Who Will Benefit
- Newer Managers
- Experienced managers and supervisors who want to enhance their skills for better results
- Team Leaders and Project Managers
- HR Professionals
- Anyone interested in managing people
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, PhD, and president of Advantage Leadership, Inc. works with leaders around the world who want engaged employees to increase bottom-line results and delight customers through strategic planning, culture change, and team development. Rebecca has contributed to organizational success as a manager and executive.
As a consultant she uses her proven ability to mentor leaders through major change, working with them to craft customized, successful solutions to complex business issues in all economic sectors. She is the author of several books on strategic planning and strategic leadership, holds a PhD in organizational development, and is a Legacy Professional Member of the National Speakers Association.
She has served as president of many civic, business, and nonprofit boards of directors, and has been honored for her work on 4 continents.