The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Traininng.com LLC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Every employee Is a unique individual. Each employee brings his/her life experiences that have shaped who they are. So, what they do always makes sense to them - or they would not do it. Then organizations put these individuals in a ‘team’ with employees whose backgrounds are very different from theirs. And we ‘expect’ them to work together effectively.
Why you should Attend
- Are committed to a shared purpose & goals
- Have open, effective communication
- Share mutual accountability for the team’s performance
- Are committed to continuous improvement
Everyone wants high-performance teams, but they require leaders who understand and are capable of leading their teams through multiple natural obstacles.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Why Do Organizations Have Teams?
- What is a Team & the Stages of a Team’s Development
- Why some teams are more successful
- The most difficult aspect of building a high-performance team
- Why trust is such an important aspect of team building
- Utilizing an assessment to identify your team’s greatest opportunity for improving teamwork
- Why managers should strive to enhance their team leadership skills
- How to determine whether a team has been successful
- Five Key Building Blocks of Teamwork
- Where is Your Team’s Greatest Opportunity?
- Describing What You’d Like Your Team to Be
- Identifying Your Leadership Opportunities
Who Will Benefit
Pete Tosh is Founder of The Focus Group, a management consulting and training firm that assists organizations in sustaining profitable growth through four core disciplines:
Implementing Strategic HR Initiatives: Executive Search, Conducting HR Department Audits, Enhancing Recruiting, Interviewing & Selection Processes, Installing Performance Management Programs, Conducting Training Needs Assessments, Installing HR Metrics, etc.
Maximizing Leadership Effectiveness: Facilitating Team Building Initiatives, Designing and Facilitating 360 Performance Assessments, Executive Coaching, Measuring and Enhancing Employee Engagement and Performance, etc.
Strategic Planning: Facilitating Strategic Planning Events, Establishing Succession Plans, Installing Business Performance Metrics, etc.
Enhancing Customer Loyalty: Conducting Customer Satisfaction Surveys, Facilitating Customer Advisory Councils, Developing Standards of Performance and Scripts for Key Customer Touch Points, etc.
The Focus Group has provided these consulting and training services to manufacturing and service organizations across the U.S., Canada, Europe and the Middle East. Pete has worked closely with the leadership teams of organizations such as Exxon, Brinks, EMC, State Farm, Marriott, N.C.I. YKK and Freddie Mac to :
• Align corporate organizational structures with their strategic initiatives - while insuring value creation for their customer bases.
• Ascertain customers’ primary needs and perceptions of organizations’ performance relative to that of their competitors.
• Develop and implement customer loyalty enhancement processes - based on specific customer feedback - that delivered sustainable advantages in the marketplace.
• Implement performance management programs, executive coaching, compensation systems and other HR processes to strategically direct and reward desired employee behavior.
Prior to founding his own firm 25 years ago, Pete had 15 years of experience -at the plant, divisional and corporate levels - in Human Resource and Quality functions. Pete held leadership positions - to include the V.P. of Human Resources and Quality - with Allied Signal, Imperial Chemical Industries, Reynolds Metals, Charter Medical and Access Integrated Networks.
Pete also frequently develops and facilitates a variety of leadership development programs including: Strategic Planning, Moving from an Operational Manager to a Strategic Leader, Strategic HR Management, The Fundamentals of Human Resource Management, Recruiting, Interviewing & Selection, Employment Law and Utilizing HR Metrics. Employees from over 3,000 organizations have benefited from Pete’s experience and perspective. Pete is co-author of Leading Your Organization to the Next Level: the Core Disciplines of Sustained Profitable Growth.
Pete holds a B.A. degree in Psychology from Emory and Henry College and Masters degrees in both Business Administration and Industrial Psychology from Virginia Commonwealth University.