We will be covering everything you need to know about discipline and terminating employees. We will go over policies and how to make consistent decisions with your employees. We will also be covering layoffs and furloughs in the age of COVID-19 and how to handle them in a way to limit your chances of being sued. We will also be covering wrongful termination lawsuits and developing a termination checklist.
Why you should Attend
Terminating employees can be difficult, find out the top mistakes business owners make and how to avoid them.
Areas Covered in the Session
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the concept of at-will employment
- Identify red flags in discipline and termination policies
- Make well reasoned decisions on employee discipline and termination
- Understand when you cannot terminate
- Learn how to avoid wrongful termination lawsuits
- Develop a termination checklist
Who Will Benefit
- CEO's - c-suite Executives
- Human Resources
Cynthia Hackler Flynn is the founder and managing partner of Hackler Flynn & Associates, a Southern California based employment defense law firm. Since starting her practice, she has grown the firm to a team of 9, with each attorney having over a decade of experience.
The law firm’s focus is employment law where their mission is to protect and defend entrepreneurs and business owners. Cynthia has been voted as a Super Lawyer every year since 2017 and for the last two years, has been named as a Pasadena Top Attorney.