The 'Leader Others Want to Work For' has switched their script from:
- It's about 'me' ' to it's about 'them'
- 'Me' mentality ' to a 'we' & 'us' mentality
- Being the center of attention ' to shining the spotlight on others
- Individual success ' to making the team successful
- Personal advancement ' to helping each team member reach their potential
Employee 'Centric Leaders are Constantly:
- Communicating ' through words, behaviors & their priorities
- Influencing ' through logic, explanation & connection
Build Relationships with Your Team Thru:
- Direction – clarity around the vision Alignment – clarity on the 'line of sight'
- Commitment – everyone wanting what's best for the team
Successful Leaders Recognize That leaders:
- Need their teams more than their teams need them
- Get paid more for what their teams do than what they do
- Do everything in their power to help their teams be as successful as possible
- Succeed when their teams succeed!
Why you should Attend
Most people are promoted to a leadership position because they:
- Were highly competent as an individual contributor
- Had a track record of exceeding expectations
- Have a special set of technical skills
This is an excellent start but you can't rely solely on these skills to be a great leader
'Becoming the Leader Others Want to Work For' requires:
Having the perspective of a leader by switching your:
- Skill set
- Doitall attitude
And meeting your team's engagement needs
Areas Covered in the Session
Having the Perspective of a Leader - Switching
- Skill Set
- Do-It-All Attitude
Meeting Your Employees Engagement Needs
- Business Case for Increasing Engagement
- Significance of Leaders in Increasing Engagement
- How Effective Leaders Utilize Their Employees Talents
Who Will Benefit
- Any Leaders
- Manager or Supervisor
Pete Tosh is Founder of The Focus Group, a management consulting and training firm that assists organizations in sustaining profitable growth through four core disciplines:
Implementing Strategic HR Initiatives: Executive Search, Conducting HR Department Audits, Enhancing Recruiting, Interviewing & Selection Processes, Installing Performance Management Programs, Conducting Training Needs Assessments, Installing HR Metrics, etc.
Maximizing Leadership Effectiveness: Facilitating Team Building Initiatives, Designing and Facilitating 360 Performance Assessments, Executive Coaching, Measuring and Enhancing Employee Engagement and Performance, etc.
Strategic Planning: Facilitating Strategic Planning Events, Establishing Succession Plans, Installing Business Performance Metrics, etc.
Enhancing Customer Loyalty: Conducting Customer Satisfaction Surveys, Facilitating Customer Advisory Councils, Developing Standards of Performance and Scripts for Key Customer Touch Points, etc.
The Focus Group has provided these consulting and training services to manufacturing and service organizations across the U.S., Canada, Europe and the Middle East. Pete has worked closely with the leadership teams of organizations such as Exxon, Brinks, EMC, State Farm, Marriott, N.C.I. YKK and Freddie Mac to :
• Align corporate organizational structures with their strategic initiatives - while insuring value creation for their customer bases.
• Ascertain customers’ primary needs and perceptions of organizations’ performance relative to that of their competitors.
• Develop and implement customer loyalty enhancement processes - based on specific customer feedback - that delivered sustainable advantages in the marketplace.
• Implement performance management programs, executive coaching, compensation systems and other HR processes to strategically direct and reward desired employee behavior.
Prior to founding his own firm 25 years ago, Pete had 15 years of experience -at the plant, divisional and corporate levels - in Human Resource and Quality functions. Pete held leadership positions - to include the V.P. of Human Resources and Quality - with Allied Signal, Imperial Chemical Industries, Reynolds Metals, Charter Medical and Access Integrated Networks.
Pete also frequently develops and facilitates a variety of leadership development programs including: Strategic Planning, Moving from an Operational Manager to a Strategic Leader, Strategic HR Management, The Fundamentals of Human Resource Management, Recruiting, Interviewing & Selection, Employment Law and Utilizing HR Metrics. Employees from over 3,000 organizations have benefited from Pete’s experience and perspective. Pete is co-author of Leading Your Organization to the Next Level: the Core Disciplines of Sustained Profitable Growth.
Pete holds a B.A. degree in Psychology from Emory and Henry College and Masters degrees in both Business Administration and Industrial Psychology from Virginia Commonwealth University.