The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Traininng.com LLC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Contract management activities include administering and monitoring contracts/purchase orders after the award and during implementation.
The objectives of a contracts audit are to determine the following:
- To determine whether the procurement process is achieving desired outcomes
- To determine whether the contract management process is achieving desired outcomes
- Inconsistent purchasing processes throughout the organization can lead to a reactive approach to contract management and can limit the organization’s ability to fully monitor the procurement process.
Why you should Attend
The main stages in any purchasing process include:
- Need Recognition. The business must know it needs a new product, whether from internal or external sources
- Specific Need
- Source Options
- Price and Terms
- Purchase Order
- Receipt and Inspection of Purchases
Areas Covered in the Session
In this webinar we shall cover:
- Contract Lifecycles
- Types of Contracts
- Critical Business Factors
- Major Risks
- What can go Wrong and Why
- Cost Plus Contracts
- Fraud by Vendors
- Fraud by Employees
Who Will Benefit
- Internal Auditors
- Financial Managers
- Purchasing and Procurement Managers
- Operational Managers
Richard E. Cascarino, MBA, CIA, CISM, CFE, CRMA
Well known in international auditing, Richard is a principal of Richard Cascarino & Associates based in Colorado, USA and Johannesburg, South Africa with over 32 years of experience in audit training and consultancy. He is a regular speaker to National and International conferences and has presented courses throughout Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the USA. Richard is a Past President of the Institute of Internal Auditors in South Africa, was the founding Regional Director of the Southern African Region of the IIA-Inc and is a member of ISACA, and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, where he was a member of the Board of Regents for Higher Education.
Richard was Chairman of the Audit Committee of Gauteng cluster 2 (Premier's office, Shared Services and Health) in Johannesburg and was also the Chairman of the Audit and Risk Committee of the Department of Public Enterprises in South Africa