- Do you avoid speaking up, are worried you may upset others or are unsure how to articulate your message?
- Do you often feel you fail to get your opinions heard or that people readily dismiss or undermine your views?
- Do you typically consider others’ feelings, having made too many compromises in the past that have left you feeling unfulfilled and empty?
- Do you dread asking for what you want in negotiations?
- Do you feel underappreciated, discouraged, and powerless at work?
- Being assertive isn't synonymous with being aggressive or unfriendly. It is the ability to express yourself confidently, firmly, fairly, and empathetically.
If assertiveness has never been your strong suit - or if you sometimes wonder if you're being too rigid, soft, or flexible - you'll welcome the training this webinar provides.
Assertive communication is a valuable skill for emerging leaders, new managers, and people who are more introverted in social situations.
When you know how to communicate assertively, you can say “no” without feeling guilty, set boundaries to protect your time, priorities, and goals, articulate requests clearly and confidently, and deal with awkward situations easily.
This webinar will show you how to be more assertive, so you can stand up for yourself and become a strong and confident communicator. You will learn how to ask for information without seeming combative and identify and present your options or opinions without arguing positions.
Why you should Attend
If you have trouble in the workplace with speaking and asserting yourself with self-confidence and professionalism, attend this webinar to learn how to:
- Express yourself more clearly - even in stressful situations
- Gain increased respect from others
- Engage and persuade others to action
- Improve communication with others
- Develop healthier relationships in all areas of your life
Areas Covered in the Session
- Key communication styles that affect assertiveness
- Roadblocks to assertiveness
- Effective methods to ask for what you want - and get it
- How to deal with issues instead of emotions
- Managing the anxiety and fear from attempts at being assertive
- Situation-based tips and tricks that will guide you through the process of knowing exactly what to say and do to be heard and get what you want
- Finding the right balance between passive and aggressive behavior to gain genuine respect from others,
At the conclusion of the webinar, you will receive these Complimentary Publications (available on request):
- Assertiveness Self Evaluation
- How to be Assertive for Professionals Quick Guide
Who Will Benefit
- New managers who need to be more assertive with their team
- Emerging leaders who want to communicate more clearly and confidently
- Passive communicators who want to speak more directly and honestly
- People who are fearful of saying "no" and setting boundaries
- People who are tired of being invisible or constantly interrupted in group situations
- People who fear speaking up assertively need to overcome their fears
- People starting a new job or team wants to establish assertive boundaries
Lisa Kleiman , Ed. Specialist., M.S. Communication, B.S. Marketing/Management Lisa is author of "You Got This: Everything You Need to Master Authentic Public Speaking" (2019) River Grove Books, and is principal and Coach at Speaktopia, and is a University Lecturer of undergraduate and graduate business and managerial communication courses.
Lisa has worked with executives, business leaders, employees, and university students to improve their communication skills, helping them experience the joy and power of communicating with clarity and confidence.