In these challenging times, it's even more important to ask for what you want and need and secure it.
Step up to the next level of confidence when asking for more money, help, recognition, and business. Become an expert in enrolling others to support your goals!
In this empowering and interactive workshop, you will begin to eliminate the barriers to asking for and getting more of what you want in your professional and personal life. Refine your skills and reduce your fears so you can ask for more in a confident and poised manner while avoiding stereotypes like “pushy and aggressive”.
We will examine and minimize your fears of rejection, assumptions, and stereotypes-or whatever is holding you back from achieving your goals. After removing these obstacles, you will develop a customized action plan so you stay on track and achieve your goals.
Why you should Attend
Many people hesitate to ask for what they want due to fears of looking like imposters, that they are not resourceful, that they can’t do their job, or are unsure of how to effectively ask for what they need and want.
Common reasons why we don’t ask:
- Taking Results personally
- Self-worth challenges
- Looking pushy or aggressive
- Fear of rejection or being vulnerable
- Fear of rocking the boat in relationships
- Fear of success or failure (underlying issues: control and fear of the unknown)
- Fear of being alone or abandoned-if successful-losing bonding with others via talking about challenges
- Cultural stereotypes-fear about how others will see you
With the right mindset and preparation, you can learn the most effective practices for asking for more. Stop leaving money on the table, burning yourself out, and undercutting your leadership presence and chances for advancement. By not asking for more, you may be denying others their chance to grow and develop new skills and leadership characteristics.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Overcome your assumptions and hesitations about asking for more
- Debunk myths and stereotypes about asking for more
- Understand how and when to ask for more
- How to bolster your confidence so you make an empowered ask
- Review and practice self-coaching techniques to get you more centered before you ask
- Learn about the 4 basic communication styles and how to ask in their language and yours
- Learn motivating language to help you help others understand your “why” for more engagement and success
- How to understand and hold your ground so you get your bottom line wants
Who Will Benefit
Suzanne Blake , PCC, is an award-winning International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach with 23 years of coaching, training, and business consulting experience. With?warmth, humor, and the?latest in coaching and brain?science techniques, Suzanne?helps individuals and groups attain their communication, empowerment, career, and leadership goals.
Suzanne Blake is the Founder and President of Blake Coaching and Training. She has helped hundreds of seasoned and emerging leaders expand their capacity, make decisions, use focused strategic thinking, and build confidence and self-awareness. Her coaching work has been featured on The Today Show, NPR, The New York Times, The Boston Globe, and numerous other media outlets.
A passionate industry leader, she specializes in coaching executives and managers in leadership development, managing individuals and co-located and virtual teams, communication styles effectiveness, work-life balance, presentation skills, emotional intelligence, and time and performance management.?Suzanne has comprehensive experience designing and facilitating training and coaching programs, facilitating team building, and conducting one-on-one Executive Coaching sessions.
Her clients include Verizon, Deloitte, LLC, Amica Insurance, BCBS, EMC/Dell, Synthes Switzerland, eClinicalWorks, Nimbly Wise Ed/Tech Coaching and Training, Core Axis, and numerous small to medium size businesses, and non-profit organizations.
Suzanne is a masterful communicator with a proactive and resourceful approach to helping drive client-oriented coaching services and learning and development programs. She demonstrates a unique ability to quickly zero in on the root causes of problems and identify creative and sustainable solutions.
Suzanne is a featured author in the popular book, 101 Great Ways to Improve Your Life, co-authored with leading experts Jack Canfield, John Gray, Richard Carlson, and Bob Proctor.