Analytical and creative problem solving represents a dynamic approach to addressing challenges and making decisions. It combines two essential elements: analytical thinking, which relies on logical and structured methods, and creative thinking, which leverages imagination and novel ideas. This holistic approach is instrumental in tackling complex issues and fostering innovation.
Analytical problem solving involves breaking down problems into smaller components, applying logical reasoning, data analysis, and systematic processes to reach well-informed solutions. It often depends on historical data, patterns, and established methodologies, offering a structured approach to decision-making.
Conversely, creative problem solving encourages thinking outside the box. It invites diverse perspectives, brainstorming, and experimentation. This process sparks innovation, enabling the discovery of unconventional solutions that may not be immediately evident through analytical methods.
Why you should Attend
- Improved Decision-Making: The skills acquired can lead to more informed and confident decision-making, reducing the potential for errors and setbacks.
- Efficiency and Productivity: Enhanced problem-solving skills can streamline processes and increase productivity, saving time and resources in the long run.
- Conflict Resolution: These skills are also valuable for resolving conflicts in the workplace. Effective problem-solving can help mitigate disputes and maintain a harmonious work environment.
- Adaptability and Resilience: With the ability to tackle problems from multiple angles, you'll become more adaptable and resilient when facing unexpected challenges or changes.
- Personal Growth: Participating in webinars can contribute to personal and professional growth, fostering a growth mindset and a proactive approach to overcoming obstacles.
- Competitive Advantage: Organizations benefit from employees who can think critically and creatively. Attendees of these webinars can contribute to their organizations by driving innovation and staying ahead of the competition.
- Networking and Collaboration: Webinars often provide opportunities to connect with like-minded individuals and experts in the field, creating networking opportunities and potential collaborations.
- Increased Self-Confidence: As your problem-solving skills improve, your confidence in your abilities will grow, which can have a positive impact on your career and personal life.
- Organizational Benefits: The skills acquired through these webinars can enhance the problem-solving capacity of your organization, leading to greater efficiency, customer satisfaction, and overall success.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Problem Identification and Definition: Understanding how to recognize and define problems clearly and accurately is essential for effective problem solving.
- Analytical Problem-Solving Techniques: Learning structured methods and logical approaches to dissect and address complex issues.
- Creative Problem-Solving Techniques: Exploring brainstorming, mind mapping, and other creative methods to generate innovative solutions.
- Decision-Making: Developing skills to make informed decisions by weighing various options and considering their implications.
- Conflict Resolution: Applying problem-solving skills to mediate and resolve conflicts in both personal and professional contexts.
- Practical Application: Hands-on exercises and real-world case studies to practice and reinforce problem-solving skills in diverse scenarios.
Who Will Benefit
- Anyone who plans, makes decisions, solves problems or is responsible for implementing the decisions made by others
LeRoy Thompson is Managing Director Of Thompson & Associates. He is a Certified Virtual Presenter with expertise in the development and delivery of training programs on more than twenty distinct topics. He has worked with over 150 client organizations and trained over 47,000 participants over the course of his career.
His training programs, work sessions, conference presentations, and keynote speeches all receive rave reviews. He is a dynamic instructor, energetic facilitator, and insightful consultant. His delivery balances his depth of knowledge with an appropriate mix of warmth and humor.
LeRoy's work in the public sector has included training and organizational development projects for the U.S. departments of Education, Environmental Protection, Defense, Interior, Commerce, Treasury, Health And Human Services, Energy, Agriculture, Justice, NASA, the Michigan Department of Community Health, Mississippi Department of Mental Health, Ohio Department Of Public Welfare, Governor’s Office of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Riverside County (CA), Fairfax County (VA), and Sarasota County (FL). Private sector and not-for-profit organizations include Citigroup, BMW, Gannett, Corning Inc., Motorola, Lockheed Martin, Sallie Mae, Boys & Girls Clubs, United Way of America, and the American Press Institute.
Prior to founding Thompson & Associates, he was an Associate with McKinsey & Company in their Washington, DC office. He has been a Practice Leader with Kepner-Tregoe in the Worldwide Strategy practice
as well as a Senior Consultant with Booz, Allen and Hamilton, specializing in change management projects with Federal agencies.
LeRoy was educated at Harvard University where he received a bachelor’s degree in English and American Literature and Language, and a master’s degree in Finance and International Business from Columbia University School of Business. His AMA-By-Satellite television broadcast of “Written Skills for Business Communications” received the ‘Best of Business Television’ Award. His book, “Mastering the Challenges of Change” received a Newberry Book Club award. His article “E Commerce-Changing the Rules of Strategy Implementation” was published by Strategy and Leadership magazine.