Excel is more than inputting data into rows and columns. It is calculating that data. It is summarizing your data. It is inserting graphs and chats to communicate that data. Do you have to sort the data in order to find relevant information? Is there criteria to input to isolate certain data sets? There may be a need to analyze that data into metrics that fit a specific set of standards. Then the data should be protected against unwanted changes. You will learn all of this in one easy to follow workshop.
Why you should Attend
This 6-hour session will teach you skills in a variety of areas within Excel. You will learn basic formulas and functions and sorting and filtering data. Then we will venture to more complex topics like PivotTables and even drawing shapes and inserting pictures. You will receive a well-rounded exploration of Excel.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Entering Excel Formulas
- Rules for Entering Formulas
- Understanding the Order of Operations
- Creating Basic Calculations
- Entering Functions
- Using Auto Sum
- Understanding Relative and Absolute Cell References
- Using Autofill to Copy Formulas
- Sorting and Filtering Data
- Sorting a Single Column
- Sorting Multiple Columns
- Filtering for Specific Data
- Creating Charts
- Creating a Chart
- Changing the Size and Position of a Chart
- Changing the Chart Type
- Switching Data
- Changing the Chart Layout
- Changing the Chart Style
- Adding Labels
- Moving a Chart to a Chart Sheet
- Summarizing Data with PivotTables
- Creating a PivotTable
- Analyzing Data Using PivotTables
- Adding Styles Report Layouts to PivotTables
- Creating a PivotChart
- Working with Presentation Elements
- Inserting Pictures and Clip Art
- Sizing and Moving Objects
- Changing the Orientation of an Object
- Enhancing Pictures
- Drawing Shapes
- Selecting Multiple Objects
- Formatting Shapes
- Arranging, Aligning & Grouping Images
- Protecting Worksheets and Files
- Worksheet Level Protection
- Workbook Level Protection
- File Level Protection
Who Will Benefit
- Business Owners
- CEO's / CFO's / CTO's
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Anybody with large amounts of Data
- Anybody who uses Microsoft Excel on a regular basis, and wants to be more efficient and productive
Cathy Horwitz believes that when your employees know the capabilities of the software they use, they will demonstrate improved productivity, will be more efficient and will be able to problem solve more easily.
Cathy teaches classes on the Microsoft suite of application software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Outlook. Cathy has over 30 years of experience in classroom and virtual training and has been an instructor of Microsoft Office since 1989.
Her strengths include customizing classes based on the needs of individual students and providing realistic business examples to compliment training. She is a high energy trainer with a flair for training the adult student.
She holds the Modern Classroom Certified Trainer certification from Logical Operations which prepares instructors for all aspects of delivering a course using the latest training technologies and approaches.
When not teaching, Cathy enjoys gardening, shopping estate sales and refinishing mid-century furniture.