AI can play a crucial role in preventing and mitigating the impact of natural disasters like floods, wildfires, and more. Here are several ways AI can be applied:
Excel can help you organize, calculate, analyze, and present your data in ways that will help you in your day-to-day tasks. It will make these tasks much easier for you to accomplish, and in much less time. This course will provide you with a foundation for Excel knowledge and skills, which you can build upon to eventually become an expert in organizing and analyzing your data.
Why you should Attend
This course will take you from the very beginning (opening a spreadsheet), through entering and working with data, and finish with saving and sharing. It is everything you need to know to get started with Excel. Course will be taught using Microsoft Excel Desktop but applicable to older versions which may not have some of the newer features.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Getting Started with Microsoft Excel
- The Microsoft Excel 2016 Interface
- Worksheet Size
- Navigating a Worksheet
- Go to Cells quickly
- Selecting Cells
- Entering Text and Numbers
- Entering Data
- Working with Long Text Entries
- Deleting Data
- Editing a Cell
- Saving a File
- Basic Formatting
- Changing Excel’s Default Font and Font Size
- Changing the Font, Font Size, and Font Color
- Using Bold, Italicize, and Underline
- Aligning Cell Entries
- Format Painter
- Formatting Numbers
- Using Borders and Shading
- Merging and Centering Headings
- Customizing Excel
- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar
- Hiding and Displaying the Ribbons
- Modifying Worksheets
- Inserting and Deleting Columns and Rows
- Changing Column Width and Row Height
- Exploring Vertical Alignment and Wrap Text
- Using Cut, Copy, Paste
- Entering Excel Formulas
- Rules for Entering Formulas
- Cell Referencing
- Order of Operations
- Creating Basic Formulas
- Entering Functions
- Function AutoComplete
- Using Auto Fill
- Relative and Absolute Cell References
Who Will Benefit
This session is aimed at Excel users who do not currently use Excel, or those who are self-taught and would like professional training on the basic use of Excel.
- Business Owners
- CEO's / CFO's / CTO's
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Anybody with large amounts of Data
- Anybody who uses Microsoft Excel on a regular basis, and wants to be more efficient and productive
Cathy Horwitz believes that when your employees know the capabilities of the software they use, they will demonstrate improved productivity, will be more efficient and will be able to problem solve more easily.
Cathy teaches classes on the Microsoft suite of application software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Outlook. Cathy has over 30 years of experience in classroom and virtual training and has been an instructor of Microsoft Office since 1989.
Her strengths include customizing classes based on the needs of individual students and providing realistic business examples to compliment training. She is a high energy trainer with a flair for training the adult student.
She holds the Modern Classroom Certified Trainer certification from Logical Operations which prepares instructors for all aspects of delivering a course using the latest training technologies and approaches.
When not teaching, Cathy enjoys gardening, shopping estate sales and refinishing mid-century furniture.