This course builds on the functionality of Excel learned in the Basics and Intermediate workshops. The ability to get the right information to the right people at the right time can create a powerful competitive advantage. The world runs on data more than ever before. With so much data available and being created on a nearly constant basis, the ability to make sense of that data becomes more critical and challenging with every passing day.
Why you should Attend
Learning how to use efficiently use Excel is so critical in many of today’s office jobs. Many people know the basics of Excel. This webinar will show you how to use the sort and filter tools and subtotals to really help get the most out of your data, be more efficient, and find the information that you are looking for. Learn PivotTables for a complete analysis of your data.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Sorting and Filtering Data
- Sorting a single column
- Sorting multiple columns
- Filtering for specific data
- Advanced filtering
- Sort and filter by color
- Using Tables
- Creating and modifying tables
- Formatting tables
- Calculating tables
- Calculating data in a table
- Convert the table to a normal range of data
- Creating subtotals
- Adjusting views with subtotals
- Removing Subtotals
- Summarizing Data with PivotTables
- Creating a PivotTable report
- Rearranging, sorting, filtering, and formatting a PivotTable
- Changing a PivotTable Calculation
- Show values as Percentages
- Refreshing Data in a PivotTable
- Grouping dates
- Showing/hiding PivotTable tools
- Changing PivotTable style
- Change the layout and format of a PivotTable report
- Creating Pivot Chart
- Filtering PivotChart
Who Will Benefit
This session is aimed at Excel users who do not currently use Excel, or those who are self-taught and would like professional training on the basic use of Excel.
- Business Owners
- CEO's / CFO's / CTO's
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Anybody with large amounts of Data
- Anybody who uses Microsoft Excel on a regular basis, and wants to be more efficient and productive
Cathy Horwitz believes that when your employees know the capabilities of the software they use, they will demonstrate improved productivity, will be more efficient and will be able to problem solve more easily.
Cathy teaches classes on the Microsoft suite of application software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Outlook. Cathy has over 30 years of experience in classroom and virtual training and has been an instructor of Microsoft Office since 1989.
Her strengths include customizing classes based on the needs of individual students and providing realistic business examples to compliment training. She is a high energy trainer with a flair for training the adult student.
She holds the Modern Classroom Certified Trainer certification from Logical Operations which prepares instructors for all aspects of delivering a course using the latest training technologies and approaches.
When not teaching, Cathy enjoys gardening, shopping estate sales and refinishing mid-century furniture.