The recruitment, interviewing and selection process significantly impacts all aspects of an organization's performance and effectiveness. To find quality candidates, we need to know how to identify those candidates who have the competencies that meet the job requirements.
Interviewers need to know how to follow a proven methodology for obtaining relevant information from applicants and properly assessing it. Interviewers need to know what to look for and how to gain that information. Learn about a practical, proven approach to the interviewing & selection process that HR can implement in your organizations.
This webinar will provide a solid foundation for anyone new to recruitment or seeking a refresher or update.
The emphasis is on the use of a structured approach where good preparation and effective interviewing skills and techniques help maximize the success of your process, ensure consistency with your internal procedures, and minimize risk.
The webinars will also explore how to ensure that virtual recruitment provides the very best outcome for employer and candidate alike.
Why you should Attend
The future of any organization depends on the people working in it and impacts culture and branding. So, the recruitment, interviewing and selection process must be done right. While right people can lead to astounding results, wrong one’s can break your back. The talent acquisition process involves inviting, advertising, screening, shortlisting, selecting, and onboarding of an employee. It is a remarkably interesting as well as a costly process.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Talent acquisition strategies, and the role of organizational culture in recruitment
- The importance of having solid job descriptions and specifications
- Define the competencies and build a repository of questions each interviewer will ask
- Checking and refining essential and desirable selection criteria
- Advertising and how to screen against your selection criteria
- Structuring the interview; developing an interview plan
- When to use an interview panel for the success of the interviewing process
- How to write high quality behavioral questions for the role
- Essential interviewing, questioning, active listening skills and non-verbal communication
- How to assess responses; looking for STAR answers
- Track the feedback from each interviewer and document for future reference
- Select the right fit basis the value and skill alignment
- On-boarding and engaging new employees
Who Will Benefit
- HR Professionals
- Business Owner
Steven G. Meilleur, Ph.D., SPHR – is President, CEO – PRAXIS Management Solutions, LLC, a New Mexico-based management consulting firm specializing in human resources, employee relations, leadership, training & organizational development, organizational research and assessment, strategic & operational planning, and non-profit organization management and governance. Dr. Meilleur has more than 40 years of management and executive-level experience in human resources, risk management, and organizational management in the private non-profit public, and private for-profit sectors.
Dr. Meilleur also serves as Senior Vice-President and Risk Services Consultant for Human Resources and Employment with Poms & Associates, a national risk services and insurance brokerage firm. His previous work experience includes public, private, and nonprofit organizations, in executive and management capacities.
He is also on the faculty of the UNM School of Public Administration in the graduate program, teaching in the areas of human resource management, nonprofit organization management, leadership, dispute resolution, organizational change, and human resource development. He has spoken at numerous conferences and workshops across the country, and is a published author in the areas of human resources, marketing, leadership and management development, organizational change and innovation, non-profit organization management, and board development.
Dr. Meilleur received a BA in English Literature and Education from Bucknell University, an Executive MBA from the University of New Mexico's Anderson Graduate School of Management, and his Ph.D. in Leadership and Organizational Learning from UNM. He received his certification as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) by the Society for Human Resource Management in 1995.