The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Managing people successfully is at the heart of every project, every team, and every management or leadership position. The same rules apply to managing a corporate division or a PTA committee. Why? Because we are dealing with humans. Management "science" is based on a deep understanding of human nature.
But management is more than following a set of guidelines. Every situation is different, and we need some fundamental approaches anyone can master and apply to any circumstance. Learn an uncomplicated way to analyze what will enable people to get the job done and be "managed" effectively.
Why should you Attend
Whether you are new to management or have been managing for a while, you can encounter situations which are difficult to deal with regarding people. People do not always perform or behave the way we want or think they should. Humans are complex. No one leaves his or her personal life at the door. We are all affected by what is happening in our personal life to a greater of lesser extent. Too often the specific answer to our question is, "It depends." This program is designed to give you a framework for handling situations more effectively.
As a result of this webinar you will have insights to:
- Apply the context for management and leadership: vision, mission, planning
- Analyze each individual's needs and abilities
- Use delegation to develop people's capabilities to perform
- Use motivation to develop people's desires to perform
- Coach individuals effectively to develop new capabilities, maintain good levels of performance, and engage proactively
- Provide meaningful feedback and performance evaluation for continuous improvement
Areas Covered in the Session
- Planning for Success: Developing a plan with your manager for success
- Delegating plans for team and individual results
- Motivating individuals effectively
- Coaching for improved performance
- Providing feedback and evaluating performance
- Developing you own plan for success integrating lessons learned
Who Will Benefit
- Managers at any Level
- Newer Managers, Supervisors
- Project Managers
- Team Leaders
- Departmental Managers
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, PhD, and president of Advantage Leadership, Inc. works with leaders around the world who want engaged employees to increase bottom-line results and delight customers through strategic planning, culture change, and team development. Rebecca has contributed to organizational success as a manager and executive.
As a consultant she uses her proven ability to mentor leaders through major change, working with them to craft customized, successful solutions to complex business issues in all economic sectors. She is the author of several books on strategic planning and strategic leadership, holds a PhD in organizational development, and is a Legacy Professional Member of the National Speakers Association.
She has served as president of many civic, business, and nonprofit boards of directors, and has been honored for her work on 4 continents.