The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
In today's face-paced work environment, decisions and requests for action are bombarding you constantly. If you make these decisions in "firefighting" reactionary mode, you are more likely to make mistakes. Being proactive and thinking critical dramatically increase the chance you will make an excellent decision and take the action to get the best results.
Why should you Attend
Adopt approaches that work and learn to:
- Solve problems and make effective decisions using critical thinking and simple, practical tools
- Increase decision accuracy even when information is limited
- Minimize poor decisions; neutralize the effects of stress, emotions, and distractions on decisions
- Use simple tools to enhance decision making and problem solving
- Use critical thinking to challenge all assumptions and seek alternative information
Areas Covered in the Session
- What are Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving?
- Strengths and Challenges when analyzing and solving problems
- Relationships among planning, critical thinking, and creative problem solving
- Role of critical thinking in meeting business challenges
- Prioritize issues for greatest decision-making effectiveness and efficiency
- Integrate art and science of critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Role of values and facts in decision making
- Challenge "knowledge," beliefs, "facts," assumptions, and conventional wisdom
- Methods to explore alternatives, ask probing questions, and stimulate thinking
- Convert negativity into curiosity
- Creative problem solving; use whole-brain, critical-thinking Clarity to solve a real issue
- Define the goal and constraints to achieve objectives
- Discover "blind spots" and hidden assumptions
- Define measurement of success
- Develop solution options and plan
- Make the decision with confidence and test decisionso
Who Will Benefit
- Company Presidents
- Vice Presidents
- Anyone in a supervisory position
- Payroll Administrators / Managers
- All Employees
- Departmental Managers
- Project managers
- Leaders in any capacity
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Ph.D., president of Advantage Leadership, Inc. has managed projects as diverse as development of artificial organs, Section 8 Housing computerization, alternative high school establishment, and evaluation of special education programs for the state. She has developed and delivered PM training programs for the American Management Association, Hong Kong Productivity Council, SGS International (agency inspecting all goods transported across international borders,) State of North Carolina, private clients, webinar providers, Information Technology companies, and others, including programs for non-project managers, executives, and others.
She works with leaders around the world to improve bottom-line results through strategic planning, employee engagement, and customer delight. Rebecca holds a Ph.D. in organizational development, is a professional member of the National Speakers Association, and has been honored by organizations in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors on four continents.