Simon Brown is a scientist, MBA and experienced international business leader working alongside local people and international teams to deliver pioneering solutions to meet the challenge and opportunity for sustainable growth and innovation. He has helped clients become recognised sustainable business leaders in their sectors by aligning business growth with making a positive impact on the environment and society.His client work includes:
1. Marks and Spencer Plc to help develop, launch, and deliver Plan A that has positioned M&S as the world’s most sustainable major retailer.
2. Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) to develop and launch www.InnovationGateway.com enabling RBS and Partner businesses to access sustainable innovation for their built environments.
3. ASDA-Walmart develop and launch the Sustain and Save Exchange enabling them to collaborate with their food suppliers to deliver cost savings from energy, waste and water.
4. Supporting Nike and other Apparel sector businesses to achieve their commitment to Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC).
5. E.ON to develop and launch their sustainable energy solutions business.
He graduated from University of Sheffield in 1986 (BSc Sp Hons, Biochemistry and Physiology) and joined ICI Plc where he worked for 10 years in various international commercial roles. Following his MBA studies he began work with PA Consulting Group in the Global Technology practice. He was a director at Scient Corporation the leading eBusiness Systems innovator during the DotCom era before becoming a partner at The Foundation, Growth Consultancy. Subsequently he established 2degrees Ltd as a leading collaboration platform for sustainable growth and innovation and was Managing Director at Natural Capital Partners for over two years.