Founder, Greenwich Risk Management Advisory ,
Robert Geary is the founder of Greenwich Risk Management Advisory Services “LLC” and services as the principal consultant on many of the firm’s consultancy mandates.
Robert has been a banking and finance industry professional for 49 years with 34 years serving in a variety of senior Treasury, financial markets, asset management and risk management roles at JP Morgan Chase & Co. During his career with JP Morgan Chase he served in the following positions:
- Head of Chase Manhattan Bank’s euro and other offshore funding activities
- Chase’s first Asia/Pacific Area Treasury and Financial Markets Executive located in Hong Kong with responsibility for the treasury, currency trading/sales activities and securities portfolios of Chase’s branches in nine countries that included the major centers of Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore
- Western Hemisphere Area Treasury and Financial Markets Executive with similar responsibilities for Chase’s branches in South America, Canada, Panama and Puerto Rico
- National Sales Manager for Chase Securities
- Treasury and Financial Markets General Manager for Chase AMP Bank in Australia
- Risk Management and Treasury Executive for Chase’s Asset Management and Private Bank organizations
- Head of the risk management oversight function of Market, Credit and Operational Risk for Chase Asset Management
- Managing Director and Head of Fiduciary Risk Management for the Corporation
During Robert’s career he has served on the Board of Directors of Chase Manhattan Overseas Banking Corporation as well as having served on numerous senior committees that included Chase’s Portfolio and Investment Strategy Committee, Tax Committee, International Asset/Liability Management Committee, Chase Investment Policy Committee, and Capital Markets & FX Risk Management Committee.
Robert holds a BA degree in Economics from Pace University and did graduate studies in finance at New York University Graduate School of Business. He has held Series 7 & 24 registrations and currently retains a Series 65 registration.
He is a certified FINRA Arbitrator and is a member of the Executive Advisory Board of St. John’s University Department of Accounting and Taxation.