Managers and Supervisors are taken to task everyday in managing their Non represented employees. It is important for them to learn the Initial warning signs of Union Organizing long before a Union gets the appropriate number of signed Authorization Cards and the NLRB Conducts a secret Election. Learn here the best Election is the one that is never held. This course will delve into the 20 + Initial Warning Signs of Union Organizing, What you Can Do and What you Cannot Do, Guidelines of Good Management, Dangers of Signing The Authorization Card, The NLRB Election, Unfair Labor Practices committed by Managers The information presented in this workshop will save costs, and time for your organization as Managers will be more informed and be prepared to react to
Why you should Attend
The Webinar will cover areas you need be aware of such areas as:
- Initial Warning signs of Union Organizing
- What You Can Do and What You Cannot Do
- The dangers of your employees signing an Authorization Card
- Unfair Labor Practices your managers May Commit
- The NLRB Election and its intricacies
- Tips, Tactics and Techniques of Union Organizing
- Guidelines Of Good Management
Areas Covered in the Session
- You will understand the Initial Warning Signs of Union Organizing and be prepared to respond appropriately to employee concerns and questions
- You will understand the ‘whys and where for” of the Union Organizer, their logic as to why they do and believe in what they do
- You will be able to communicate effectively to your employees solid reasoning as to How the Union Organizer is the only one who gains if this workforce is unionized. Your employees will understand that “nothing” happens at a bargaining table unless Management Agrees to it
- You will understand ‘What you can do “ for example they are your employees you can freely discuss FACTS, OPINIONS and EXAMPLES regarding Unions with your employees!
- You will understand What you Cannot do so your Management team will not initiate errors and have the NLRB rule that you must bargain with this Union even though there has not been an election!
- You will be exposed to the Dangers of Signing an Authorization Card
- You will gather an understanding of Unfair Labor Practices that potentially your Managers may commit
- You will be able to know the intricacies of an NLRB Election
- You will Understand Guidelines of Good Management outlining the Tips, tactics and techniques so that a Union Organizing Campaign is NOT an Annual Event ! Yes an NLRB election CAN be held every 12 months!
- The Webinar closes with a satirical presentation and discussion of “How to Ensure A Union in Your Workplace” ( “What you do not ever want to do in the Workplace”)
Who Will Benefit
- Vice President
Ms. IR, is the author of "Negotiating The Labor Agreement” His experience covers 40 years of successfully negotiating over 500+ labor contracts in varied industries as Executive Director and Vice President for Fortune 100 Companies, and in areas, such as, but not limited to, Manufacturing, Distribution, Telecom, Retail, Healthcare & Senior Care, Food services, Housekeeping & Facilities.
He has negotiated with over 20 National and Local Unions, trained 1000’s of Managers in “Managing a Union Workforce", “Negotiating The Labor Agreement” , and “Your Employees Are Organizing A Union”, Collective Bargaining as well as Union Avoidance and Employee Relations issues.
He knows and fully understands:
- How to build and maintain successful relationships with Union Leaders locally and nationally
- Maintain and/or Develop existing Managements Rights to ensure the unfettered Right “to run your business” to ensure successful Workplace policies
- Develop and/or protect consistent Contract language. He consistently ensures that clients expectations are often exceeded