Many business owners and managers have excellent product ideas that could be very profitable. However, their enterprises are not as successful as they could or should be. This is typically due to their lack of a basic understanding and foundation of the tools and techniques needed to successfully manage a business. This webinar is a summary of simple tools and techniques needed to be successful at managing a business.
This webinar is a summary of the simple tools, techniques, helpful hints, and bits of wisdom included in my published handbook – Small Business Management Made Simple!
This handbook is based on my 30 years of business management, ownership, and business coaching experience. COVID-19 has presented new challenges and norms that must be understood & implemented to be successful in a COVID-19 and post-COVID-19 environment with new norms, processes & procedures.
- Key concepts, tools, techniques, methods & models for successful small business management based on actual experience of the trainer
- Three key success elements, Customers, Costs, Cash
- A simple model for establishing prices
- Managing cash & finances
Why you should Attend
The handbook and webinar were developed with the business owner/manager in mind. It covers all the significant items needed to succeed in business, based primarily on my own experiences and knowledge acquired in the actual management of various business enterprises. The tools and techniques are presented in what might be called "The Rules of the Business Game". Business is a game and those that win, know and are able to play by the rules better than others.
I guarantee you will learn to win in business through the utilization and application of these rules.
- Business Plan: Blueprint for success and raising capital
- Customer Service: Your competitive edge and opportunity to provide solutions and not just service.
- Pricing: Pleasing comes before pricing
- Finances: Simple concepts of separating business and personal finances
- Cost Control: Keys and cautions to cost control
- Cash: The most essential component to business success!
Areas Covered in the Session
- Business Plan: Essential components and how to develop
- Customer Service:
- Customer concerns that require constant focus
- The need to focus on process vs. product to match customer perception
- Customer focus rules
- Basic pricing concepts
- How to set prices and fees
- Key elements of customer pricing expectations
- How to manage the business and personal finances
- How to control costs, cash, and credit
- How to save and reinvest profits to grow the business
- Cost Control:
- Keys to controlling costs
- Three types of costs and how to control each
- Cost control cautions
- Cash availability and control are critical
- How to develop cash projections to ensure constant availability
- How to manage your cash-to-cash cycle
Who Will Benefit
- Stake Holders
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and Coach. He holds a MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a 275M, high growth technology based company. He has over 25 years of senior level business management experience. In addition, he has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting and business management. Former CEO of his own small parts manufacturing company as well as former Senior Financial Associate of major consulting firm.
Carl is a member of the following organizations: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors), and the National Association of Accountants.
An engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points. Sessions are rich in content, lively, full of energy and include plenty of audience interaction. He has branded himself as Mr. Simplicity! His goal is to make finance and accounting relevant to non-financial professionals using tools and techniques that are simple to understand and apply.