Change has changed in its magnitude, the approach required to handle it, and the shortened time of the effectiveness of our responses to it. This course is designed to aid participants in recognizing and preparing for change, understanding its impact, and building skills to aid in the management of change.
Why you should Attend
- Increase urgency - Inspire people to move and make objectives real and relevant
- Build the guiding team - Get the right people in place with the right emotional commitment and the right mix of skills and levels
- Get the vision right - Get the team to establish a simple vision and strategy. Focus on emotional and creative aspects necessary to drive service and efficiency.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Recognizing Change
- Recognizing Reactions to Change
- Understanding the Patterns of change
- Assessing the Situation
- Planning for Tomorrow
Who Will Benefit
- Leaders from most job functions will find this program beneficial, including technology
- HR Professionals
- Professional Associations
- Non-profit Organizations
- General Management
- Business Development
Debra W. Gould, M.S., is a management consultant, business motivational speaker, workshop training, executive coaching, facilitating, and author. Debra is providing management consulting and training services to commercial and government clients.
Debra received her M.S. degree in Management from Florida Institute of Technology. A graduate of the Tuck WBENC Executive Education Program at Dartmouth by IBM, SBA e-200 Business Management and Growth, 2010 and SBA Small Business Executive Education Program (SBEEP), University of Texas El Paso.