Even the simplest leave requests can be complex and nuanced, posing challenges to even the most seasoned Leave Administrators.
The possibility of costly, drawn-out litigation only adds to the stress and pressure. Add to that: most employees making leave requests will be eligible for protection under the FMLA, ADA and, as well as State medical leave and other COVID-19 emergency laws.
In this webinar we will discuss key, hot-button compliance issues and share some Best Practices for managing a workforce while staying in compliance during a pandemic.
Why you should Attend
Unpaid leave and Paid-leave regulations are getting complicated. As support grows for (and some business groups push against) a national law mandating paid family leave and paid sick days, some states, cities and individual organizations are out in front-adopting measures of their own.
This proliferation and mishmash of regulations can make staying in compliance challenging. This training will identify they current leave programs and how the state regulations integrate or clash.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), American with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Workers' Comp Basics
- What is the Role of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) when it comes to COVID-19
- Where FMLA, ADA, and Workers' Comp overlap, and where/how they differ
- How does the Department of Labor (DOL) determine their audit efforts during COVID-19
- Can paid leave programs be integrated with current FMLA regulations
- What it means to be "unable" to work or telework
- What if employees are afraid to return to work
- How a telecommuting policy will help mitigate issues with a remote workplace
- COVID and ADA considerations
- Post-FFCRA obligations and considerations
- Screening for COVID
- Vaccines and the impact within the workplace and what Employers should do
Who Will Benefit
- All Employers
- Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- Compliance professionals
- Payroll Administrators
- HR Professionals
- Employers in all industries
- Small Business Owners
- Large Business Owners
Margie Faulk, a senior level human resources and compliance professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Officer/Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC. Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors.
This includes Federal Contracting in the defense, military, anti-Terrorism and Apache Helicopter Training Simulations with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Sentencing Guidelines (FSG) and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program (OFCCP). Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie's focus has expanded to Global Workplace Compliance in International, multi-state, multi-National, state and local workplace compliance which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few. Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to HR professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).