This webinar provides practical strategies for dealing with difficult people and situations in the workplace. The strategies that are covered in this webinar should offer a path to confidently address difficult employees before the situation gets out of hand.
Why you should Attend
When difficult employee behavior is not addressed properly, other employees become resentful, they lose respect for your organization's leaders, and they start modeling the difficult employee's behavior. Employee morale decreases and your organization's results and culture suffer.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Define and discuss different personality types
- Consider differences in work styles and generational approaches
- Use assertiveness and negotiation rather than emotion
- Become familiar with the personalities of people you find difficult and how to interact more effectively
- Learn why certain people push your buttons
- Understand and recognize the key themes that make conversations difficult
- Learn to prepare effectively for a difficult conversation
- Confront someone calmly and respectfully
- Avoid common (but critical) mistakes
- Become a better listener
- Overcome the fears that lead you to avoid conversations
- Know when and how to end a difficult conversation
- Promote joint problem-solving around a difficult issue
- Deal with a variety of difficult people with more skill and confidence
Who Will Benefit
- Team Leaders
Audrey Halpern is a soft skills training facilitator consultant with 20+ years of experience. Audrey’s is currently a faculty member of American Management Association where she trains communication skills.