The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Traininng.com LLC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Just about every workplace has at least one difficult employee. In this webinar, we will identify the various types of difficult employees and various strategies that can be used to deal with them. Difficult employees can have an adverse impact on the productivity and morale of the workplace. At times it is necessary to have critical conversations with these employees.
These conversations occur when a lot is at stake and emotions run high. The behavior of these employees needs to be confronted. More than likely some of those that we must handle may be workplace bullies. During the webinar, we will learn the psychological makeup of these difficult individuals and how to have conversations with these employees while confronting their unproductive behavior.
Why you should Attend
- Learn how to identify the six types of difficult employees
- Gain knowledge of the appropriate strategies to use when dealing with the difficult employee
- Learn various motivational strategies that will help the difficult employee change and become more productive
- To become familiar with the characteristics of the workplace bully
- Learn how to deal with workplace bullies
- Develop the skills to have appropriate conversations with difficult employees
- Develop the skills to confront inappropriate employee behavior
- Identify other interventions to deal with difficult employees
Areas Covered in the Session
- The Six Types of Difficult Employees
- Strategies for Dealing With the Difficult Employee
- Motivating the Difficult Employee
- What is Workplace Bullying?
- Characteristics of the Workplace Bully
- Strategies for Dealing With the Workplace Bully
- Having a Conversation With the Difficult Employee
- Confronting the Difficult Employee
- Other Interventions for the Difficult Employee
Who Will Benefit
- Human Resource Managers
- Assistant Managers
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Department Managers
- Team Members
Bob Churilla is a partner in a conflict management and organizational development firm, Conflict Resolution Professionals Group (CRPG). In addition, Bob is a Visiting Professor at a private University. Bob has worked with the United States Postal Service, Veterans Administration, Transportation Security Administration and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission as a mediator and consultant. He has also consulted with local, state and private employers, government agencies, churches and nonprofit organizations. Bob has a Ph.D. in Conflict Resolution and a Juris Doctorate degree.