The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
In response to the new challenges presented by the coronavirus pandemic, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has announced temporary flexibility in the requirements for completing Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, while employers are operating remotely.
DHS also has extended the time in which employers may respond to Notices of I-9 Inspection and the time in which to address certain E-Verify case responses. Some states have begun automatically extending the validity of identification cards and driver’s licenses because of COVID-19.
This training will cover the changes initiated by DHS and how Employers can mitigate the changes and still stay compliant.
Areas Covered in the Session
- What ID documents are able to be used even after the expiration date?
- What states have relaxed their requirements for expired documents due to the Covid-19 Pandemic?
- What are the new changes made about the timing of Notice of Inspections (NOI)?
- How can Employers indicate to E-Verify when there is a late case?
- Where can you include COVID-19 explanation on the Form-I-9?
- How do the changes impact Reverifications?
- How do Employer or their representatives determine the date to include for expired
- Learn what the changes are made by DHS
- Learn which regulations must still be followed
- How long will the changes be in effect?
- How can Employers ensure the changes are made according to regulations?
- How can Employers make the changes to both the Form I-9 and E-Verify
- What other changes are scheduled to be made because of COVID-19?
- Are other regulatory agencies making changes to their regulations?
- Are Notaries a good option for remote employees?
- What states have certain criteria about using notaries to complete the form I-9?
Who Will Benefit
- All Employers
- Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- Compliance professionals
- Payroll Administrators
- HR Professionals
- Compliance Professionals
- Employers in all industries
- Small Business Owners
- All Employers
- Large Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- HR professionals
Margie Faulk, a senior level human resources and compliance professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Officer/Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC. Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors.
This includes Federal Contracting in the defense, military, anti-Terrorism and Apache Helicopter Training Simulations with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Sentencing Guidelines (FSG) and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program (OFCCP). Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie's focus has expanded to Global Workplace Compliance in International, multi-state, multi-National, state and local workplace compliance which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few. Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to HR professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).