Those who think they're protected because they don't make electronic payments or because they use positive pay are flat out wrong. What's worse, it's not just the big guys who are getting hit. The crooks are also targeting smaller mid-sized companies, municipalities, schools and not-for-profits.
Avoiding electronic payments is not the answer. You are still at risk; this is the fastest-growing payment fraud. But you can protect your company if you take the right steps. Please join us for this 60-fast paced minute session with our editorial director, Mary S. Schaeffer. It contains expert advice from several respected sources.
Updated with newest fraud prevention and detection information!
Why should you Attend
Getting money out of your organization's bank account is now easier than ever. Just ask the growing number of fraudsters snatching cash from unsuspecting organizations across the country. Unfortunately, every company is at risk and businesses do not have the same fraud protections as individuals. If you don't report the thefts within 24 hours, you will probably end up eating the losses - which can be substantial..
Areas Covered in the Session
- Identify the types of ACH payments
- Differentiate between six types of ACH payment fraud, including the two fastest growing types
- Understand and address the issues around the BYOD issue as it affects your organization's payment process
- Navigate around the limited legal protection from your bank
- Instruct your bank to use certain products to protect your company
- Implement best payment process practices that affect ACH payments to protect your organization
Who Will Benefit
- Accountants: Controllers, Assistant Controllers, Accountants, Accounting Managers, GL Managers
- Auditors: Company Internal Auditors, Accounting Firm Auditors
- Accounts payable: Managers ,Directors, Supervisors and Professionals
- Accounts receivable: Managers, Directors, Supervisors and Professionals
Mary S. Schaeffer a nationally recognized accounts payable expert, founded AP Now, a membership organization focused on creating business intelligence around the accounts payable and payment function. She has written 18 business books and is a frequent and popular speaker at both online and live events.
Schaeffer has created a number of CPE self-study courses, customized training and online training events. Previously she held positions as an Assistant Treasurer for the Equitable Life Assurance Society, a Financial Risk Manager for O&Y and a Corporate Cash Manager for Continental Grain. She has an MBA in Finance from NYU and a BS in Mathematics from York College, which is public university system of New York City.