The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Traininng.com LLC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
This workshop will explore the role of critical thinking in decision-making, problem-solving, and setting goals related to one’s career. It will look at the definition of critical thinking as well as the importance of critical thinking in finding a job and being successful on the job. Participants will learn how critical thinking will be necessary and valuable in every area of their life.
- What critical thinking means
- Why it’s important
- How it related to you in the workforce
- How better thinking skills can help you
- How you can learn to think critically to make decisions and set goals
Why you should Attend
- Understand the importance of critical thinking in career planning
- Explain the benefits of critical thinking in problem-solving, decision making, and goal setting
- Understand the importance of critical thinking in building self-confidence
- Recognize the role of critical thinking in all life decisions and choices
- Utilize effective strategies to solve problems, make decisions, and set goals related to work.
- Understand the importance of questioning in thinking critically
Areas Covered in the Session
- To examine the fundamentals of critical thinking, problem-solving, decision making, and goal setting
- To explore the relationship between critical thinking and career self-assessment
- To help participants make informed and wise decisions
- To help participants approach problem solving and decisions making effectively
- To help participants improve their thinking skills
Who Will Benefit
- General Managers
- All HR Directors, Managers, and Generalists
- All Employees
U. Harold Levy , President of Levy and Levy Enterprises, is a national and international speaker, trainer, consultant and recognized expert on civil right issues, human resources, leadership and management. Mr. Levy has over 30 years of experience in the profession, most recently as the Eastern Regional Business Enterprise Analyst for the Pennsylvania Department of General Services. Some of his clients include major pharmaceutical corporations, police departments, colleges and universities, state and county government agencies and non-profit organizations.
Mr. Levy has published several articles on topics relating to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, diversity and inclusion and equity issues, civil rights and human resource issues. A graduate of the Pennsylvania State University, Mr. Levy has a Bachelor’s in International Relations degree, a Master’s in Public Administration degree and is a certified mediation counselor. Mr. Levy is the recipient of many awards including the prestigious Administrative Service Award at the University of Minnesota Duluth, and the Tri State Consortium of Opportunity Programs for New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.